WnSoft Forums

Stopping music causes show to crash

CowenStudios

I have a PTE show that plays music while it runs and should stop on the last slide and wait for the user to select one of two buttons. This has worked fine on earlier versions of PTE, but when I edited the show in the new version of PTE it gave me some problems.

The project options of the show are set to stop on the last slide and keep it on the screen and nothing is synced to music. The first slide is customized to start playing music from a mp3 selected from the list and the last slide is customized to start playing music with no mp3 in the list (which should stop all music from playing.) When I run the .exe file and it gets to the last slide, it starts to display that slide then stops and ends the program. I didn't have this problem in previous versions of PTE. Is this a bug in the new version or could I be doing something wrong this time?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard, you've used a creative technique by having an empty, customized slide, "play music" list as a way to stop music. I'm not sure if Igor would call this a bug, but the PTE functionality does appear to have changed.

I have a simple solution if you would like to make new PTE version shows that work same as before, in that the show does not exit by surprise: Make a 10-second .MP3 "quiet" music track that has no sound and play this as actual "music" in last slide instead of telling PTE to play music and listing nothing.

Does this solve the problem found?

Richard,

Welcome to the Forum!

I tried out an example of what you described and everything worked fine for me.

Maybe it has something to do with the timing in the show. Are you using the internal player?

Try using different (shorter) transition times, arranging the last slide not to occur on a change in the music selection, etc., and see if anything works. If not, email me a copy of your ".pte" file (without the images or music, except those images, if any, used for "objects" on the last slide), and I'll try to see what's up. :)