WnSoft Forums

Lost music on show but not in Timeline

felix1

It is late, so maybe my brain isn't working properly. For some reason, none of my sound track music will play during the show, BUT, if I view the Timeline and click "Play", the music plays perfectly. I simply cannot get any of the music to play when previewing the show.

I do not have "Synchronize Music and Slides" check in the Project Options.

Help!

Thanks, Felix

Felix,

Tell us a little more about how you are adding your music, and what type of music file(s) you are using.

What happens if you do check "synchronize"?

Al,

I have inserted 4 MP3 files via the "Project/Options/Music tab" (as I have always done in the past). I have not checked any of the options boxes in the tab. As I say, this is my usual routine and it has worked fine for other shows.

If I try "Synchronize Music and Slide" I get an error message saying "You cannot use personal playlists of slides."

I did discover that if I add one of the MP3 files directly to a particular slide, the music will then play.

So, I'm stumpted.

Thanks, Felix

Felix,

It sounds like you have "Play new background music file(s)" checked for one of your slides, without any sound or music added, in "Customize Slide". Go through the slides near where the music stops, and make sure no slide is cutting off the background music in this manner.

Felix,

It sounds like you have "Play new background music file(s)" checked for one of your slides, without any sound or music added, in "Customize Slide". Go through the slides near where the music stops, and make sure no slide is cutting off the background music in this manner.

---------------------------

Al,

Yes, I think you were correct. I finally had the sense to select all slides and uncheck the "Customize Slide" option and the music played fine thereafter. Live and learn!

Thanks for your imput and info.

--Felix