WnSoft Forums

MAC and iPOD Users

Conflow

Hi All,

As is evident from some recent 'threads' on the Forum many Mac Users are starting to

use the PTE Slideshow Program on their Mac Pcs. I have noted that there seems to be

a lack of Hardware Utilities and Software Utilities for these owners. I hope the following

will address some of these problems ~

* There are over 100 Audio/Video Hardware solutions available to Mac Users.

* iPOD's suitable for use with PTE and the Macs are the "Nan0-2" and "iPOD 5-G"

* All have inbuilt USB.2 Utilities and Memories of +1.Gb (Some Models up to 8.Gb)

* Sound and Picture capture quality are superb with the correct Attachments.

* These small "Universal Memory Bunkers" are ideal for Photographers on the move.

The problem so far is the availability of the Attachments and Accessories & Software.

Here is the answer:-

Griffin Technologies are the 'de-facto' Manufacturer of Mac and iPod Accessories and

below is a link to their very extensive Web Site (be warned it takes time to explore)

http://www.griffintechnology.com/

Here below are some instructions to get going with their Web Site..

Enjoy,

Brian.Conflow.

post-1416-1196291726_thumb.jpg

post-1416-1196291791_thumb.jpg

THanks Brian for a very interesting link! :)

Yes! If only I didn't already have a 60G iPod Photo - which does not support these technologies! Having said that I love my iPod although its not the fastest photo storage in the world!

You are right in saying that Mac users are now using PTE on their Mac's/Windows. (I found that I definitely prefer the Boot Camp partition Windows on my MacBook for using PTE rather than using Parallels.)

on the Mac I use Audacity which is free software for Windows and Mac users. Its pretty good considering its free.

My desktop Mac does not have duo core so no Windows partition - and although there is plenty of great Mac software to use - the main stream of AV people use PTE so at the AV groups it is the format which is acceptable. i'm not complaining because I like PTE. My main problem at the moment is time - I make my images for AV on Mac, Make soundtrack on Mac. Save files and copy to Mac laptop which runs Windows so can import in to PTE. Also working on a small 13" screen is not the easiest on the eyes!

Your post has made me think again about Apple products. Thanks for that! :)

Kipper

Kipper,

Glad to oblige and should you have the 'odd' problem with your Mac send me an EMail

'Off-Forum' as we use Macs extensively in our other family business 'Micronetwrks.net'.

Brian.Conflow.

P.S If you re-open the Griffintechnologies Website and run your Mouse Cursor along

the various (greyed-out) iPOD Models, you can click on your particular Model and find

'Links' to the various accessories which it will support.

:) Nice!

Why is it I am trying to spend money this week! Now you reminded me I'd love a Griffin for playing music in my car. Monday it was an iPhone - no hopes - and today a Voice recorder! Oh and a 10 -20 mm wide angle lens too - - - in my dreams - -best go to bed! :ph34r:

Thanks Brian!

kipper