WnSoft Forums

Unable to burn DVD or create ISO

klintott

When attempting to burn a DVD or create an ISO image and after the VOB files multiplexing is complete, I get the following error:

Burn.exe has stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: burn.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 472af187

Fault Module Name: StackHash_1703

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 676e6568

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 4105

Additional Information 1: 1703

Additional Information 2: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9

Additional Information 3: 1344

Additional Information 4: 875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e

Then, "Failed connection with Burn.exe" and then all temporary files are deleted.

The show is estimated at 2.12 GB + 552 MB of additional photo files plus the exe file. It takes approximately 45 minutes to create the MPEG2 and VOB files.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron 530 dual core processor with 4 GB Ram (3.4GB available to Windows). There are over 200 GB of space available on the hardrive. Video card is an NVidia 8600 GT with 256 MB memory.

This has happened with Version 5.0 and 5.1 Beta 4 and 9 and the latest 5.1Release-Candidate (December 13, 2007)

I have burned shorter shows without a problem.

Any suggestions?

Ken

The problem has been solved - sort of.

I removed "Include additional folders and files to disc" and then I was able to burn the DVD show.

Is there no way to add the exe file and photo files to the same disc that the DVD show is on so that the owner has a choice on how to view the show as well as have access to the original photos?

Ken

Ken,

You should be able to burn to DVD disc with 'Include additional folders and files to disc' ... which includes your show exe and individual image files.

Just use checkboxes :

-Burn DVD Disc

-Include additional folders and files to disc

*Test first with shorter file size shows on DVD-RW disc to shorten process/burn time

*Try lowering the DVD disc burn speed in VideoBuilder ... and /or ... diff brand disc/format

Ken,

You should be able to burn to DVD disc with 'Include additional folders and files to disc' ... which includes your show exe and individual image files.

Just use checkboxes :

-Burn DVD Disc

-Include additional folders and files to disc

*Test first with shorter file size shows on DVD-RW disc to shorten process/burn time

*Try lowering the DVD disc burn speed in VideoBuilder ... and /or ... diff brand disc/format

I had already lowered the DVD disc burn speed to the minimum with no success. I also only had the "Burn DVD Disc" and "Include additional folders and files to disc" checked.

I have now tested with a shorter show (327 MB) and a smaller "Included" folder (49 MB). And it worked!! Now I will experiment with different sized shows and "Included" folders to see if I can find a limit.

Thanks, Ken

Ken,

Is there no way to add the exe file and photo files to the same disc that the DVD show is on so that the owner has a choice on how to view the show as well as have access to the original photos?

This procedure allows user a menu choice to play your show.exe, play dvd show or open your image directory ... upon insertion of DVD disc inserted into pc. DVD/TV system will just play the DVD show ... without showing Menu.exe choice.

Building:

-Create a single slide Menu.exe (non-D3D) with button objects

-1st button - To play yourshow.exe on disc ... Set Action on mouse-click to Run Application

*command to enter is : yourshow.exe

-2nd button - To open your Image Directory on disc ... Set Action on mouse-click to Run Application

*command to enter is : your directory name used or zip file name

-3rd button - To play DVD movie from disc on pc ... Set Action on mouse-click to Run Application

*command to enter is : MPlayer2.exe VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB

*other option : MPlayer2.exe /fullscreen /play /close VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB

*option from chapter/menu: wmplayer /fullscreen /device:DVD

(Requires Windows with Windows Media Player)

* Create a Autorun.inf file with command : Open=Menu.exe

* Place your Autorun.inf, Menu.exe, YourShow.exe, and your Imagefolder (or zip) into the same folder for 'Include additional folders and files to disc'

* The Menu .exe will load from Autorun.inf when DVD is inserted to pc ... user makes choice from buttons, Menu.exe is always open in background due to use of 'Run Application' and not 'Run Application and Exit' command.

Note :

Remember ... exe loading and play can be slower from CD/DVD disc. Best to copy/play from harddrive for best results.