WnSoft Forums

PTE Slide Show

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I have just done a show with 100+ slides, previewing as I went. I then saved it. Now when I open it I get the screen showing the slides I have listed, but when I press the preview button, I get an error box saying in two different panels CANT FIND SLIDES and CANT FIND MUSIC, I didn't add music, can someone help. :(

I have just done a show with 100+ slides, previewing as I went. I then saved it. Now when I open it I get the screen showing the slides I have listed, but when I press the preview button, I get an error box saying in two different panels CANT FIND SLIDES and CANT FIND MUSIC, I didn't add music, can someone help. :(

If you are new to making slide shows, I suggest that you get into the habit of making a 'PTE Template' of each show that you make. In this way you will always have a backup of all the parts of your show, i.e. the images, the project file and any music files.

Ron

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Nobeefstu

Tried that afraid it didn't work :( Another clue is the saved file is only 265kb whereas the full file size is 18.5mb, help :(

Yachtsman1

Welcome, yachtsman1

Try opening your project .pte files from the PTE menu bar using File | Open .

*Some users have experienced issues in opening project files with v5.0 ... v5.1 releases should have most fixes for this.

yachtsman1,

Another clue is the saved file is only 265kb whereas the full file size is 18.5mb

The .pte project file is a text based data file that contains parameters and settings of your pte project. The project file references your files used thru file paths/locations where the originals reside on your disks ... it does not bind/embedd any external image/sound files to this file. Therefore, the .pte file will always be considerably smaller than the produced exe.

If you have moved your image files to a new location/from its original location after you saved your project file ... you will receive such 'cant find' message errors.

Its possible that your project file may have becomed damaged. Sometimes, its possible to manually edit/fix the project file if you know what your looking for. Being a new user ... its faster to start over again.

* Try Ron's suggestion as posted previously ... these things sometimes find a way to resolve themselves.

Is it possible that when you saved it, you saved it under the wrong name or within another folder? Did you move the image files from the folder they were in when you made the show? It's bound to be something basic.

Guest Yachtsman1
yachtsman1,

Hi All

Thanks for your advise.

I've bitten the bullet, redone the show up to slide 140, saved it, re-opened it, previewed it and it now works, :P Next step is to add the remaining slides, any tips on the best way. Thanks again.

Yachtsman1.

The .pte project file is a text based data file that contains parameters and settings of your pte project. The project file references your files used thru file paths/locations where the originals reside on your disks ... it does not bind/embedd any external image/sound files to this file. Therefore, the .pte file will always be considerably smaller than the produced exe.

If you have moved your image files to a new location/from its original location after you saved your project file ... you will receive such 'cant find' message errors.

Its possible that your project file may have becomed damaged. Sometimes, its possible to manually edit/fix the project file if you know what your looking for. Being a new user ... its faster to start over again.

* Try Ron's suggestion as posted previously ... these things sometimes find a way to resolve themselves.

"yachtsman1,

Hi All

Thanks for your advise.

I've bitten the bullet, redone the show up to slide 140, saved it, re-opened it, previewed it and it now works, Next step is to add the remaining slides, any tips on the best way. Thanks again.

Yachtsman1. "

I hope that you have taken heed of the advice to create a 'Template' otherwise you will eventually encounter this problem again.

Ron

Guest Yachtsman1
"yachtsman1,

Hi All

Thanks for your advise.

I've bitten the bullet, redone the show up to slide 140, saved it, re-opened it, previewed it and it now works, Next step is to add the remaining slides, any tips on the best way. Thanks again.

Yachtsman1. "

I hope that you have taken heed of the advice to create a 'Template' otherwise you will eventually encounter this problem again.

Ron

Hi Ron

Did that thank you., and thank you all, onto music and commentary now.

Yachtsman1