WnSoft Forums

Timing slide to sound file

isabel95

All my former PTE shows have been very simple and I've used one or two songs with the slides synchronized to last as long as the music.

Now, I'm working with PTE 5.02 making a slideshow with individual mp3 sound files for each slide - they're sounds from nature and each is a different length.

Is there a simple way to enter the number of seconds the slide should be on the screen to coordinate with the length of each sound file?

TIA.

Isabel

Yes Isabel, you can use the "Timeline". you will see it at the bottom of the main menu in PTE.

When you click on it you then have the option to look at the sound track. (Cant remember off hand what they all that - its "show wavetrack or something like that". You see the sound waves below and above that you can drag and pull individual pictures - you can drag them to say how long you want them to show or how long you want the fades to be - you can co-ordinate with the music totally.

I am absolutely new to this too - and as Neil said - someone will come who can put it more simply! Just letting you know that you can do what you want to do!!

I used Audacity to make my last soundtrack and then used the timeline to match the pictures with the soundtrack.

Kipper :)

Thank you, Neil - I hadn't thought of that. I do use Audacity to edit my sound clips! Never thought of combining them into one file! Great idea.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Isabel

Hello Isabel,

Is it not possible to make the soundfile in Audacity and then play with it on the timeline?

Someone else will come along soon with great knowledge,I'm sure.

Happy Christmas

Neil

Mea culpa -

I just found the manual online and it's quite good - don't bother to answer my questions!

Thanks for your patience.

I have a love/hate relationship with manuals!

Isabel