WnSoft Forums

Locating Music

bwiley

This is my 1st post and this question is probably somewhere in the archives, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Where can I get good background music to use in my PicturesToExe presentations? I don't want to violate copyrights and I might be willing to pay a royalty fee if it were reasonable. Is there a Web site that I can download from? Or, if I know of a piece I want, how do I contact whomever I need permission from?

Is there a good music source somewhere that's free or cheap?

Thanks for your hlep.

Aside from everyday free file sharing on the Internet, you can try before you buy music at Tower Records:

Click for Tower Records music site

They have every track sound samples from most of the CDs they sell. I have saved a lot of otherwise speculative buying by using Tower's site. I am sure there are many others too. At Tower or any other Internet seller they know that once you find that just-right CD you will likely go elsewhere if their price is not competitive.

Many large stores that sell music will let you listen to any CD they sell on headphones linked to in-store music computers. Internet sellers are easy because you can use many and varied searches, very rapidly. I haven't yet found in-store music terminals to be as good.

The biggest challenge is figuring out good search parameters. Be creative and spend a little time exploring.

I will defer to other forum members to help with Internet free music searches specifically for background music --- and that you haven't already identified. If you know exactly what title and artist you want it's easy.

One source of copyright free music recommended on this forum was on www.garylamb.com You can listen to excerpts before you buy.

For free downloads try www.mp3.com but here you will need to sort out licensing requirements.

Ron [uK]

Here's another for you Peoplesound.com this site promotes new music and musicans and most will allow you to yse their work if you give acreditation on your show,

Alan

Hi bwiley

Welcome to the Forum!

There has been some discussion about copyright free musice etc on the Forum in the past.

try ..........

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...usicentry2041

I posted a long list on Feb 3rd 2003 under the thread

"music choices for background".

Hope this helps. :D

Best wishes

Maureen

PS Welcome to the Forum Barry B!

Hope to see your Black Country sequence at the Nationals

love a nagging welshwoman! :unsure: