WnSoft Forums

Upgrade beamer

Henri.R

I'm using an beamer with 1024/768 resolution. The pictures I make for PtoE are Jpegs with also a resolution of 1024/768. The files I use while projecting are exe files, as I suppose most of you will do.

Can anyone tell me what will happen if I upgrade to a 1400 beamer, or for that matter, a 1900 HD beamer? Can I use the same exe files or do I have to make all new exe files? Or, is it only a matter for my Ati Radeon card.

Thanks...

Henri. :unsure:

Henri,

There shouldn't be any problem - it's mainly a function of the video card. In my case the native resolution of my beamer is 1280x768, and I normally use 1680x1050 for my monitor. My slideshows are usually 1280x768 (the same as my beamer) but I also create shows 1024x768 for camera club or competition purposes without any compatibility problems. If I have the monitor set at a higher resolution, the projector automatically resizes it when I connect the two together.

You will probably find with the greater resolution of your projector that you will soon be creating larger-resolution slideshows to take advantage of the image improvement. But there shouldn't be any compatibility problems with other sizes.

Hello Al, thank you very much.

You say to create shows 1024x768 for camera club or competition purposes and to create your slideshows usually 1280x768 ; how do you manage this two settings? Simply by setting the monitor? I don't see any menu-items for this in P to E.

thanks,

Henri.