WnSoft Forums

PtE as podcast...

Henri.R

Maybe this topic is discussed before, but I can't find anything with the forum search engine so here we go...

Sometimes I read this forum with my mobile phone, using Internet Explorer Windows Mobile 5.0. That's not a racemonster, but it works and for instance in the train it's very convenient.

For me it is fascinating to see this latest developments in the miniature scene: for the new iPod Nano you can download podcasts of tv and tutorials for Photoshop and Lighroom, to mention a few, on a razorsharp screen!

So I have two questions:

1. Would it be possible to make podcasts of Pictures to Exe shows to use on your own iPod and

2. Maybe the masters in this forum are willing to publish their very good tutorials as podcasts too?!?

gr.

Henri. :rolleyes:

Henri,

I have created video for my ipod from my PtE slideshows, which you can certainly provide as a video podcast as well. I created an AVI from PtE, and then used Cucusoft Ipod converter to convert it to ipod friendly format and sizing. There is a free tool, Videora, that will do this as well.

Linda

I try to create an .avi file and it goes through the motions but will not show up in My Videos, where I save it. I downloaded, Videora, to handle the conversion but unless I can find the .avi file it is useless.

Thom

Thom,

Why not do a 'Search' for your (alledged) missing AVI ~ it might not have been made at all !!

Simply press the Start Button-->select Search-->Files & Folders-->Search Window opens.

In the Search Window type:- .AVI

Select it to search your Hard Drive.

If you successfully made an AVI it will show up in the Search Window ~ if not try again and

if not ~ get some Instructions from the Forum as to how to make an AVI successfully...

Its tricky enough even for experienced users.

Brian.Conflow.

I try to create an .avi file and it goes through the motions but will not show up in My Videos, where I save it. I downloaded, Videora, to handle the conversion but unless I can find the .avi file it is useless.

Thom

Thom,

The avi file that PTE creates will be deleted when you exit PTE. You need to do the conversion while the PTE dialog for creating the AVI is still up (e.g. you convert the video before you click the "Finish" button on the PTE dialog. If you do this, the avi file will be in the location where you specified.

Linda

Thom,

The avi file that PTE creates will be deleted when you exit PTE. You need to do the conversion while the PTE dialog for creating the AVI is still up (e.g. you convert the video before you click the "Finish" button on the PTE dialog. If you do this, the avi file will be in the location where you specified.

Linda

Excellent information! Thanks for the heads-up.

Thom

Thom,

Why not do a 'Search' for your (alledged) missing AVI ~ it might not have been made at all !!

Simply press the Start Button-->select Search-->Files & Folders-->Search Window opens.

In the Search Window type:- .AVI

Select it to search your Hard Drive.

If you successfully made an AVI it will show up in the Search Window ~ if not try again and

if not ~ get some Instructions from the Forum as to how to make an AVI successfully...

Its tricky enough even for experienced users.

Brian.Conflow.

Thanks Brian. I did do the search and nothing came up. From reading Linda's post, I think that I know why the file is not being made.

Thom

Hi Thom,

I'm pleased that Linda was able to help you out. Now when you complete your AVI

you might like to look at the 'Apple-Mac Instructions' and their (Free) iPOD Program

to get you started. By the way its only certain Models of iPOD's which will do this.

See their Main Home Page and select iPOD's ~ As well as their Program link below...

The Ipod Program 'LINK':-

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300173

As an alternative you might like to examine the "Virtual PC Video Recorder" which I

just posted on this Forum Page, title:- PC Video Recorder.

Brian.Conflow.