WnSoft Forums

Fades

hotmetal

Hi All,

I have use 4.8 for a long time and now have started to use 5.1.

I use P2E to make manual slide shows so that I can talk to the audience and then advance the slide when I'm ready. I only use Fade as a transition, in v4.8 the slides faded ok to next slide, and also ok if I went to previous slide. Now with v5.1 the fade to next slide is ok, but if I go to previous slide I only get an instant change.

Can anyone help please.

Alan

Alan,

This is one of a few functions of v4 that users have enjoyed that is not implemented in v5. I suspect this is because of the new graphical engine/core v5 has now. Igor is working on solutions to bring some of those previous features available in v4 back into v5.

* So if you require this transition back effect ( and a few others such as fade to screen) in your shows ... you will have to continue building in v4.

........ Now with v5.1 the fade to next slide is ok, but if I go to previous slide I only get an instant change.

Alan,

Personally, this is the way I believe the program should work as it makes recycling back to some previous slide much faster. After all, the transitions are designed to work from slide a to slide b, so a transition from b to a would not necessarily have the same effect (e.g in the case of a "cut", where slide b is designed to "startle" the audience, and a cut is used for effect. A "cut" in the reverse direction would not have the same effect. If you want to see the effect of the transition, go back 2 slides and let the program run from there. Just a personal view on this - other people may use the previous slide action for other purposes than I do.