WnSoft Forums

ISO & DVD problem

bob38

After my last post i downloaded PTR user guide as recommened by Peter. i started to experiment now when i go to copy at the end I received a fault with iso & the DVD is blank.

What have i done wrong, i spent all day playing around to correct my mistake I deleted all my project's. it is a mess.

After my last post i downloaded PTR user guide as recommened by Peter. i started to experiment now when i go to copy at the end I received a fault with iso & the DVD is blank.

What have i done wrong, i spent all day playing around to correct my mistake I deleted all my project's. it is a mess.

The "ISO Standard" is an accepted international standard and in particular it refers to 'Filenames' and being specific:-

It really need Filenames less than 8 Characters in lenght. During the 'Burning Process' a Window told you that many

Filenames were greater than 8 Characters and did you wish to accept that ? ....you probably ignored this request

or jumped over it, consequently you left out a 'software-instruction' as to how the Disc would be Managed.

In this scenario the Burner-Software will 'skip' those Files because they are not to Standard and you didn't give

any instructions otherwise to accept the lenghty Filenames.

Filenames: Are those "Titles" you gave to Photographs and Sound Files and Folder Names.

TIP:- If you have a Slideshow with 3,4,5 or more sections in it, try and name your Photos in each Section as:-

Section(1) as: A-01 to A-99 and in Section(2) as: B-01 to B-99 and in Section(3) as C-01 to C-99 and so on.

For music use Track-01 and Track-02 and Track-03 and so on. (DO NOT FORGET THE 'Zero' in front of single numbers)

For Folder Names: Just keep these within 8 Characters.

This is the simplist way of avoiding Burner problems....best of luck !

Brian.Conflow.

zke,

After reading your last post ... I see you made a working DVD. It seems just your output screen ratio settings needed to be configured properly.

Am I correct in asuming this time you made a ISO file to burn to DVD ?

With Video Builder you can burn directly with Burn DVD Disc without the ISO files and other check boxes. Creating ISO files are mainly used for multiple/additional copies at later times.

So just use checkbox Create DVD Disc at this time (since your new to producing video )

* Also to save wasting DVD discs till you get sorted ... you can first test with Create MPEG2 Files checkbox and disable Create DVD Disc checkbox. Preview the MPEG2 results ... if satisfied then Create DVD Disc of your .pte file.

*There are alot of variables involved for new users to acquaint themselves with when it comes to producing DVD videos.

Hi Nobeef....

If he/she is using 'Nero Burning Software' ~ this gets very 'Ikey' about Filename lenghts, and is

always a problem point. Of course for 'Fast Burning' he/she should do as you suggested and I

agree it is the easiest for Novice users ~ but I would encourage him/her to drop long

Filenames as they eventually cause problems particularily if you want to 'Burn' multiple copies

now or in the future.

All the best,

Brian.