WnSoft Forums

Folk Festival

dpeterso

Here is a link to a new slideshow, something different from my usual fare. I was working in Texas at the time and had a weekend with nothing to do. So I explored the little towns and found this folk festival. The lighting was quite challenging as you "blown highlight buffs" will see. Don't we all wish we could go back again with better skills and equipment. If you are a country & western music fan, you may even recognize a few famous faces. If you are a people watcher or a student of character studies, then you may enjoy this show.

Hope you enjoy. Feel free to comment and critique.

Dave

http://www.epetersons.com/slideshows/Sam%2...%20Festival.zip

I enjoyed this show a lot Dave, thanks for taking the trouble to post it for us.

The lighting was quite challenging as you "blown highlight buffs" will see. Don't we all wish we could go back again with better skills and equipment.

The lighting on the faces was spot-on and the occasional burnt-out highlight in the background/clothing was not an issue with me, the faces were the centre of the show and they were handled very, very well. As for better equipment well I wish I could get these results with mine. What did you use?

Great choice of background music and the mat was a good idea also.

I enjoyed this show a lot Dave, thanks for taking the trouble to post it for us.

I wish I could get these results with mine. What did you use?

Great choice of background music and the mat was a good idea also.

Thanks for your comments John. The equipment used for these particular shots was a Canon 10D with an EF 70-200 f/4L lens.

Thanks again.

Dave