WnSoft Forums

How to avoid or eliminate jerky animation for PIC2EXE DVD

Pelel

Videobuilder is very handy DVD authoring tool and the picture quality is fine when the slideshow contains still images only. Unfortunately all animated pictures seem to be suffering from jerky movement and particularly noticeable for fast or faster movements. I suppose the default parameter values in project option are appropriate for most situations.

Have I missed something or it is another hardware problem.

I look forward to hearing any suggestions.

PS: I use V5.0 as 5.1 doesn't work on my computer (black screens during rendering)

Cheers

Pele Leung

Video is only 25fps, fast animation can't be really smooth.

With .EXE the frame rate of your screen typically is 60 fps, enough for smooth animation 2 times faster than with video.

When animation gets fast enough so that human eye can't recognize a sharp still picture the fps limit doesn't matter anymore.

There is another important point for video. The faster the animation the more important is to set video type to progressive, because interlaced produces streaky pictures coming from alternate processing of even and uneven lines per frame.

So far no solution, the only advice I can give is

- use real slow animations

- are use real fast animations

when creating slideshows for video output.

Greetings

Frank

Thanks Frank. Your explanation is clear. I will give it a shot with Progressive mode as I think the 'Auto' option is for interlace.

Cheers

Pele

But keep in mind that with progressive you loose some quality in transitions.

You must decide which one is more important.

For my slideshows I choose progressive when there are many panning-panoramas or slowly moving singlepictures to avoid the streaky lines.

For all other slideshows I go for interlaced.

Good luck,

Frank

• 1 month later...
Videobuilder is very handy DVD authoring tool and the picture quality is fine when the slideshow contains still images only. Unfortunately all animated pictures seem to be suffering from jerky movement and particularly noticeable for fast or faster movements. I suppose the default parameter values in project option are appropriate for most situations.

Have I missed something or it is another hardware problem.

I look forward to hearing any suggestions.

PS: I use V5.0 as 5.1 doesn't work on my computer (black screens during rendering)

Cheers

Pele Leung

hello all,

Pele, I was wondering if you have any online samples of the work you've done with the Videobuilder? I'm curious to see the problems your facing using the product to see if I could help.

Cheers. Will

Pete is right: lately I experienced same problem with videobuilder in authoring dvd for one slideshow whith many cut transitions (0ms). the result was awful!!!

I solved the problem (although zooms are not perfect) by encoding with Nero and best with my old ulead dvdmf4.

Jean