WnSoft Forums

Me or a bug???

Bob

Long time user of P2E and just downloaded 4.10 Beta #2. When I loaded a few photos and clicked on Object Editor the photo appeared OK but area outside of photo showed many small boxes with the following message.. "This jpeg image cannot be loaded. Probably the JPEG file is damaged" I have no idea what could be causing this so hope someone can tell me if it's me or maybe a bug???

Running MS XP Home edition..

thanks in advance..

Bob..

Bob,

It probably is damaged. I've had similar experences with image files, (even "tiff" files), particularly after I've copied them to a CD. Sometimes I get streaks all across the entire image and have to re-copy them and sometimes re-scan them when I find I don't have the original.

Hi Guys:

Thanks for rapid reply..

Yes the pix opens normally and views normally in editor other than the message squares that surround the "non pix area"

the pix displays normal when it's in the slide list

I have used the pixs before in other presentations

Upon further investigation I find that if I use a saved template the pixs load just fine. This is why I thought it might be a bug in beta #2 ???

Bob..

Bob,

It might be a good idea to try out the image in another installation of PTE. I can test it on my PTE if you want to send it to me.

Jpegs can be funny sometime. I once had a show that ran flawlessly on my desktop and laptop from the CD, but when I tried to run it on another laptop, some of the images looked very bad. I couldn't even copy the show from the CD to the other laptop due to a CRC error. I suspect one or more images lost something in the copying to the CD as the originals were fine.

The other alternative is to pack up the whole show and send it to Igor to have a look at.