deathbycanon

add more details

system, ram ,type of burner

type of disks etc

version of pict to exe

does your other dvd authoring software work

have yo ever burned /made a dvd before

ken

Window XP, 3gig ram, DVD + or - R burner - not sure the brand, memorex DVD-R - but have tried + R also and got the same thing. Latest version pix2exe - 5.5 ?

Here is a screen shot.

post-1795-1219950234_thumb.jpg

Also I made tons of DVD's with the old version using pix2exe + sony my DVD - but it is no longer working that way so I bought the new version of pix2exe so that I could burn straight from there. But it doesn't work!

The dvd burner does work because I can use Pinical studio dvd and it burns fine - it just takes longer to make a photo slide show then pix2exe.

D by C,

You wrote..."Also I made tons of DVD's with the old version using pix2exe + Sony my DVD"...

I am guessing, as your Sony PC details are not complete and you were using 'old' Pte2. Program'...

More details of the Sony PC are needed ?...is it using XP-Sp2 ?....have you downloaded 'Direct X-9'

from Microsoft ?...What version of Pte.2 were you using ?...What DVD Authorising Program are you using ?

and finally...What DVD Burner Program are you using ?

Because you mentioned the 'Old Pte.2 Program' I guess it was Pte.4.48 or 4.49 but things have moved

on since those days and that is the reason for the above questions !!

Run-Time Errors are usually associated with: ~(1) Memory Overload. ~(2)Direct-X Utility. ~(3)Codec Problem.

~(4)Program Bug. Its necessary to identify which ?

Brian.Conflow.

D by C,

You wrote..."Also I made tons of DVD's with the old version using pix2exe + Sony my DVD"...

I am guessing, as your Sony PC details are not complete and you were using 'old' Pte2. Program'...

More details of the Sony PC are needed ?...is it using XP-Sp2 ?....have you downloaded 'Direct X-9'

from Microsoft ?...What version of Pte.2 were you using ?...What DVD Authorising Program are you using ?

and finally...What DVD Burner Program are you using ?

Because you mentioned the 'Old Pte.2 Program' I guess it was Pte.4.48 or 4.49 but things have moved

on since those days and that is the reason for the above questions !!

Run-Time Errors are usually associated with: ~(1) Memory Overload. ~(2)Direct-X Utility. ~(3)Codec Problem.

~(4)Program Bug. Its necessary to identify which ?

Brian.Conflow.

Also stated above with the screen shot Window XP, 3gig ram, DVD + or - R burner - not sure the brand, memorex DVD-R - but have tried + R also and got the same thing. Latest version pix2exe - 5.5

Hi,

I have the same problem with video builder 5.5 ...

After many tests, I think the problem is due to the volume of data to burn : My project as 1200 vues in 17 slides (17 PTE 5.5 projects), 9 pages (2 slide by page), with effects, commentaires and music, 1 hour on the DVD.

When I try with only 16 slides, it's OK. I try to replace the 17th --> runtime error

I try with a lot of little slides (more than 17) : it's OK, but the slides are small.

I try with Windows XP SP3 (DirectX 9) and with Windows Vista SP1 (DirectX 10) --> runtime error for both.

The DVD burner as no importance : when I burn without writting the DVD, I have the runtime error.

My computer as 4 Go of memory and INTEL Core 2 Extreme X6800 - 2,93 GHz processor (I make very big projects with Pinnacle Studio and have no problem).

I hope my english is comprehensible for you .......

Quartz

• 1 month later...

Adding to Brian's post above ...

Make sure your DVD Burner's Firmware is upto date. Pte can have some issues with old burners and/or old firmware.

Also, depending on your PC's capabilities ... its sometimes required to disable Hardware Acceleration (D3D) in Project Options|Screen. If enabled video process also uses Hardware Acceleration to produce faster compilation time.

Also. try lowering your Burn Speed and make sure you have plenty of hard drive space. Making videos requires lots of drive space to process.