WnSoft Forums

Installing 5.5 Pro in Vista Machine

isabel95

I had run the program fine in my XP machine and donwloaded the latest install file from the WN Soft site.

Installed in my Vista machine.

To insert the license number do you just browse for the reg.txt file? The number is very long and I prefer to cut and paste.

The number was rejected. I emailed WN Soft a few days ago and received no response.

Can someone offer a solution for me?

Isabel

Isabel,

Its best to browse for your reg.txt file ... pte requires a certain byte file size. The string you copied and pasted may not meet the 231 byte requirement. If you still want to copy and paste just select all first ... then paste. I have never tried the paste method.

Hummm....my file is 244 bytes!

Isabel,

Its best to browse for your reg.txt file ... pte requires a certain byte file size. The string you copied and pasted may not meet the 231 byte requirement. If you still want to copy and paste just select all first ... then paste. I have never tried the paste method.

Isabel,

Make sure your trying to load the PTE Key (not the VideoBuilder Key)

Make sure your Pte key file has :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PTE] ... in its string

If you also have a VideoBuilder Key :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WnSoft\VideoBuilder] ... in its string.

Hi Isobel

I, too, had the same problem this week - Pto E worked fine on my XP machine and had transferred to that machine from my previous Win 95 machine with no problem. Eventually I gave up trying to activate the program and, in case my file was corrupt, asked Winsoft to send me the key afresh. After three days I am still awaiting a response.

However, in absence of hearing from WNSoft, I tried again by moving both of the text files containing my keys into the WNSoft Program folder. When I opened Pto E again and it asked for the key, I browsed to that folder and tried to highlight both text files. It would only allow mw to highlight one of them, but i just went ahead and clicked OK (load key) and Hey Presto, it worked.

Don't know whether this helps.

Incidentally. I have still heard nothing from WnSoft.

Andrew

I realize what the problem is.

I downloaded the 5.5 Pro install file to install in my new Vista machine and probably needed a license code to install that AS WELL AS the Video Builder (at least I'm assuming that because the request for the Video Builder License is not coming up and when I open PTE it's a trial unregistered version and I don't have a license # for it because I've been using the program for so many years on my XP machine I just lost the license number.

It's been several days since I emailed wnsoft and I haven't heard either. Perhaps he's on holiday.

I'll try your insert the file in the wnsoft program folder. Thanks for the input!

Isabel

Hi Isobel

I, too, had the same problem this week - Pto E worked fine on my XP machine and had transferred to that machine from my previous Win 95 machine with no problem. Eventually I gave up trying to activate the program and, in case my file was corrupt, asked Winsoft to send me the key afresh. After three days I am still awaiting a response.

However, in absence of hearing from WNSoft, I tried again by moving both of the text files containing my keys into the WNSoft Program folder. When I opened Pto E again and it asked for the key, I browsed to that folder and tried to highlight both text files. It would only allow mw to highlight one of them, but i just went ahead and clicked OK (load key) and Hey Presto, it worked.

Don't know whether this helps.

Incidentally. I have still heard nothing from WnSoft.

Andrew

Hallelujah! I found the PTE Registration License # and it was accepted.

Still haven't been asked for the Video Builder License #. That's kind of puzzling, since one was sent.

Isabel

I realize what the problem is.

I downloaded the 5.5 Pro install file to install in my new Vista machine and probably needed a license code to install that AS WELL AS the Video Builder (at least I'm assuming that because the request for the Video Builder License is not coming up and when I open PTE it's a trial unregistered version and I don't have a license # for it because I've been using the program for so many years on my XP machine I just lost the license number.

It's been several days since I emailed wnsoft and I haven't heard either. Perhaps he's on holiday.

I'll try your insert the file in the wnsoft program folder. Thanks for the input!

Isabel

Hi Isabel,

When I first joined PTE in 2004, I recieved a PTE reg.txt file this I saved in My Documents folder and since Vidio builder have done the same

with the Vidio builder reg.txt file, Since then I have changed coputers 4 times and recentley a new Vista Laptop.

All those times all I have had to do is Copy the 2 Reg txt files to a USB Pen Drive then Transfer the Pen drive to New computer and copy those 2 files to My Documents Then when PTE asks for Location of Reg txt just point it My Documents Reg txt.

I have had no problems ever with doing it this way. I also keep those 2 files saved on Disc for safe keeping.

All the best

Ray

Thanks, Ray. I will have to do this as well, now that I have both files!

Isabel

P.S. I hope I don't have to change computers for a loooooooooong time!

Hi Isabel,

When I first joined PTE in 2004, I recieved a PTE reg.txt file this I saved in My Documents folder and since Vidio builder have done the same

with the Vidio builder reg.txt file, Since then I have changed coputers 4 times and recentley a new Vista Laptop.

All those times all I have had to do is Copy the 2 Reg txt files to a USB Pen Drive then Transfer the Pen drive to New computer and copy those 2 files to My Documents Then when PTE asks for Location of Reg txt just point it My Documents Reg txt.

I have had no problems ever with doing it this way. I also keep those 2 files saved on Disc for safe keeping.

All the best

Ray

Hi Isabel,

When I first purchased PTE in 2004 I received a Reg.txt file this I placed in My Documents since then have also received Vidio Builder Reg.txt file I also placed in My Docements Folder, Since I first joined PTE I have replaced my computer 4 times and recentley a Vista laptop, each change all I have had to do is copy those 2 files to a USB pen drive then copy them to My Documents on the new Computer Then When PTE asks for registration key just direct it to My Documents PTE reg.txt.

I have never had a problem doing it this way.

All the Best Ray