WnSoft Forums

Auto Pan Zoom

DennisG

Hi:

A while back Tom made an add-on program, that allowed automatic pan/zoom for the pictures. I know that for the best results, it is good to set each picture manually. But, not everyone wants to do that. All I am looking for is a little movement in each picture. An auto pan zoom setting.

Is this possible?

Dennis

Thanks for the reply Tom, Yes, a small amount of movement, with some pictures not moving at all would be great. I think someday Pic2Exe will have this built in. I am glad Tom that you have made this slide show helper, and look forward to your next revision :)

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Sorry I did not see this message 2 days ago.

My random slideshow generator program is good at creating keypoints much faster than a human. It has no concept of subject matter so it does not know what is important to the viewer. A random slideshow generator program would never pass a "turing test" for slideshows. Anyone watching the slideshow more than a few slides would be able to tell it was not created by a human. I agree 100% with Lin and other advanced users that believe the user should learn how to create keypoints and manipulate objects but not everybody has the time or patience to create such a show.

You are correct that very small movement (what I call Ken Burns style) would be less obtrusive and could perhaps be implemented directly in PTE. Maybe set all slides to cover mode, 110% zoom, and 5% movement. Such a thing could be easily created with a template.

I will try to modify my random slideshow generator with a static zoom/pan setting (probably like a Photoshop action droplet, drag and drop with auto filename using date/time stamp). It is only a hobby that I program when the weather is bad and in the summer if not working, but winter is rapidly approaching here so chances are good that I can do this much.

Tom