WnSoft Forums

Strangeness in converted AVI file

mandarinfish

I have a slideshow that I have been trying to convert to Flash usng Adobe Media Encoder CS4.

From PTE 5.6, I have output an AVI file using 1000x750 size, 15 fps, PTE video codec, and PCM audio at 44khz.

Adobe Media Encoder is set to utilize input size and fps, and create H.264 F4V file with AAC audio at 96kbps, 44khz.

I'm seeing ghost slides showing up as flashes during the transition between slides. The output, if you want to see it, is at:

http://www.dancingfish.com/shows/PTEbug/

The ghost slide that shows up first is exactly halfway into the show in its correct spot.

Any ideas as to what can be going wrong? Note that the ghost slide flashing is only happening during the transitions.

The PTE AVI itself seems to be okay, as it will play in Media Player without the flashes. So this might be a bug in Adobe Media Encoder, which is a shame, as I need to create streaming flash video. If there are some tricks to creating an AVI file that the AME will digest better, I'd welcome hearing them. I've tried messing with the fps settings on both ends, to no avail.

thanks...