WnSoft Forums

File Types

jevans

I apologise if this is a very basic question to which I should know the answer. I do not use PTE to produce video files very often but have experimented with the latest beta 15. I have used the "create" function to produce both a video output for

1. "HV Video for PC and Mac" and

2. "Video for Iphone"

In Case 1, I get two files, an .mp4 file and an .mpg file. The .mpg file is twice the size of the .mp4 file. Both look exactly the same when played using VLC media player, although the quality is much better using the .mp4 file.

In Case 2, I only get an .mp4 file which is much smaller than the previous .mp4 file. I assume this case uses a much smaller picture size and perhaps more compression.

Another query I have is that the DVD files produced using the Beta 15 DVD creation software (i.e. producing DVD folders, not burning to disk) seem to be of a lower quality than ones I have produced using previous versions by creating an avi file and then using separete software to produce the dvd files. I am using XP Home, SP2 and Widows Memdia Player, Version 11 to play the DVD files. I have checked my codecs and seem to have the same list as I have had for a long time.