WnSoft Forums

transferring PTE to new computer

lyndongrove

My old computer crashed and I have replaced it with a Vista system. Fortunately I had saved my important data and photos but when I try to copy my PTE folder to the new computer I get Invalid messages and when I download the latest version I get the trial version. I still have my REG file but when I enter that i also get Invalid message. I have asked Winsoft to email me my registration keys (for deluxe and Videobuilder) but don't get any reply. Igor, if you see this can you help me, please?

Have a super Christmas.

Gordon Cochrane

Guest Yachtsman1
My old computer crashed and I have replaced it with a Vista system. Fortunately I had saved my important data and photos but when I try to copy my PTE folder to the new computer I get Invalid messages and when I download the latest version I get the trial version. I still have my REG file but when I enter that i also get Invalid message. I have asked Winsoft to email me my registration keys (for deluxe and Videobuilder) but don't get any reply. Igor, if you see this can you help me, please?

Have a super Christmas.

Gordon Cochrane

Hi When you bought your PTE copy, you were sent an email with a key to unlock the trial version, this should be copied into your wnsoft folder which sould be in your programmes folder on your c drive. If you have downloaded the trial version of 5.6 beta 17, there is a pdf file in the help section of the main page with the current instructions, at the back end of this pdf doc there are further instructions if all help fails.

This is assuming you are using the same email service as before, and your old emails are still available. If your email has a search facility try typing wnsoft and searching.

Yachtsman1