WnSoft Forums

Using menus

targa912

I am putting together a show with a little over 200 slides. It will be of several related events. Usually I just make one long show. This time I'd like to try menus to break it up a bit. A couple questions. Very basic. If I use menus as chapters can the show still play as a complete show without stopping? I'd like to use the menus/chapters so people can skip to different parts but still watch the whole show also. Can anyone quide me to some shows using menus/chapters for examples? I will be putting this show on dvd. Thanks for any help or suggestions!!

Bob W.

Hi Bob

No problem with what you wish to create and burn to DVD, to give you an idea you can create all seperate events as small shows. (Chapters)

One way ( I am sure other members may have a different method )

In Objects and Annimation - Tools - check " Show safe TV zone " ( keep in mind this TV safe zone will not show in Mini Player. )

Create your full presentation - all events first - SAVE AS, then click " Create backup in ZIP " this way you can work now from the saved zip

without messing up your original.

Copy the saved zip file to a new folder on hard drive and extract files

You can now edit this complete show as you wish.

For example - Event 1 - slides 1 to 50 ( delete the others ) add a nice intro screen and ending - short audio - SAVE AS - different file name - Event 1 ( .pte file )

Re-open full presentation

Edit for all other events - SAVE AS - example Event 2.

---------------------------------------

VideoBuilder Settings - check Create menu - lower bottom of VideoBuilder main interface.

Project Options - Check " Return to menu after each title " - check NTSC or PAL ? - 4:3 or 16:9 ?

Add all your .PTE files to lower section of main page of VideoBuilder.

Event 1.pte - Event 2.pte - Event 3.pte - Event 4.pte - also add your Complete Show.pte file

Click Next to edit your menu - " Top of screen under EDIT " click " Show TV safe zone "

Click next

Burn to DVD

---------------------------------------

Your same show could be created also for computer, just a bit different set up with menu.

Feel free to contact me if you wish as I do have a few small samples.