WnSoft Forums

Saving Comments

marlis

I just bought PicturetoExe and created my first picture show with individual comments for all (296) pictures. The preview was like I wanted it to be. Then I saved the file. When I open it again all comments are gone. I did it now for two times and I am tired to write the comments a third time. There must be something wrong, but I do not know where to find any help. The help section with the index is blank. I would be very grateful for any help!

Marlis

Hi, Marlis,

Welcome to the Forum!

When you said you "saved the file", did you save the ".pte" file (using "file save as"), or the ".exe" file, (using "create slideshow as") or both?

To retain the comments you have to save the ".pte" file as well.

Another thing to be sure about, Marlis: In Project Options, Comments tab, you should uncheck the box "Set comments for all slides as:"

If you leave that box checked then your hand-entered comments will be replaced with algorithmic comments selected below that checkbox, as you've been finding, unfortunately. Be sure to save the .PTE file after unchecking the box. Also, you can get the settings the way you want and save them as a template (in the file menu) to make settings easier, even multiple template settings. Note that slides are saved too in templates, so clear the slide list before saving a template unless you want those slides always in the template.

Hi Al, hi Bill,

thank your for your prompt reply.

Yes, I saved the file as "*.pte" file and there were the problem.

I think Bill's reply may be the reason of my problems. I didn't know what to do with the tab "Set comments for all slides as:". I will try it again.

:wub: Marlis