WnSoft Forums

Slide Transistions

Bruman

How can I get a slide to fade slowly and another slide start to appear slowly. I tried just using the fade effect but it just didn't cut it. When I see some of the slide shows people have created the slides seem to blend easily from one to the other and I can't seem to get that effect. Any thoughts would be appreciated..........Sandra

Sandra,

Glad you got what you wanted, and are now fading away :) . Another thing you need to consider is which slide fades into which. A slide which has dark(er) areas in contrast to it's successor allows what we call a third image to develop. This happens mid way through a disolve when part of both slides are combined on the screen. For an example see my "After The Rain" on Beechbrook and watch how white water appears from the darker areas of the slides. This is one of the most important methods in Audio Visual presentation and can be used to great effect.

Alan

There's another way to get real fades - include a "black" slide, ie a full frame of black, and fade into it and out of it to the next slide. That way your in and out fade durations are independent and you can control how long the screen stays black as well. You can reuse the black slide as often as you like. Or make blank frames of any colour, or any pattern, for even more effects.

Pete

Pete,

I can't see why you would want a dark slide in between each slide. This would bring you back to a show like an analogue single projector show. I wasn't aware that it mattered wether fade in/out was applied to the first or second slide. I am reproducing my projector secquences on P2E and the behave as I would expect them to if I used projectors. I would say therefore that the transission hapens between the two slides, which makes the third image possible,

Alan