WnSoft Forums

blank CD

amysangle

I created my slideshow and burned it to a CD using the executable file for PC. When I gave it to someone else to watch the CD was blank. I know it was because they didn't have the program to view the slideshow. I need to save it a different way so others can view it when they don't have the program. How would I go about saving it in the format?

PTE_for_Computer_Icon.docPTE_for_Computer_Icon.docPTE_for_Computer_Icon.doc

I created my slideshow and burned it to a CD using the executable file for PC. When I gave it to someone else to watch the CD was blank. I know it was because they didn't have the program to view the slideshow. I need to save it a different way so others can view it when they don't have the program. How would I go about saving it in the format?

Did you Burn the correct file over to your CD. It needs to be the one that looks like music notes. See attachment

PTE_for_Computer_Icon.doc

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi

You don't burn to a CD, you just copy or transfer as with any windows file. If you are useing 5.6, and you have created a PTE EXE file, just copy that file to a CD. The icon for an EXE file is blue and the file size comparable with the number & size of pictures anywhere between 5 & 105mb. the actual PTE working file will be sized in KB and not openable on a machine without PTE installed.

Yachtsman1

What equipment did they attempt to watch it with? an executable file burnt to a CD will only play on a computer, and not on a DVD player.

PTE does not require the PTE program to play an executable file. The executable is a complete stand-alone program that will run entirely by itself. Try playing the CD in your own computer. Unless you burned it with an autoplay option you will have to start the program as you would any other, by usng the 'My Computer' icon on the desktop, navigating to the CD, and double-clicking the program.

If you really want the program to play on a DVD player then you have to have the De Luxe version of PTE to create the DVD (not a CD).

Colin

Colin and Amysangle,

Colin, I think it slipped your memory in reply to 'Amysangle'. Very few PC's will 'automatically' open/run a CD-Disc

when inserted into the PCs' Disc-Drive, particularily if the CD-Disc does not contain the 'Autorun-File' together with

the PTE.Exe 'Show-File'.....So effectively one would think the CD-Disc to be empty as it won't run.

It happens when you decide to play your Show on a Friends PC whether it's an old Win'98, Win2000, and older XP's.

I fall into that trap all the time. !!

Amysangle, you don't need a copy of the PTE.Program on any Host-PC for the Slideshow to operate on that PC.

Brian.Conflow.

Colin and Amysangle,

Colin, I think it slipped your memory in reply to 'Amysangle'. Very few PC's will 'automatically' open/run a CD-Disc

when inserted into the PCs' Disc-Drive, particularily if the CD-Disc does not contain the 'Autorun-File' together with

the PTE.Exe 'Show-File'.....So effectively one would think the CD-Disc to be empty as it won't run.

It happens when you decide to play your Show on a Friends PC whether it's an old Win'98, Win2000, and older XP's.

I fall into that trap all the time. !!

Amysangle, you don't need a copy of the PTE.Program on any Host-PC for the Slideshow to operate on that PC.

Brian.Conflow.

Hello Brian,

Aaahh, no, it didn't slip my memory. If you read my post again, it says "Unless you burned it with an autoplay option you will have to start the program as you would any other, by usng the 'My Computer' icon on the desktop, navigating to the CD, and double-clicking the program."

I guess that people used to self-starting commercial CDs might expect a PTE CD to autorun, and be flummoxed when it doesn't. It's all a learning curve, and sometimes you need the mental equivalent of crampons to make the grade :rolleyes:

Regards,

Colin

The whole question of burning a PTE Slide show to a CD has caused a number of people to have problems. I am about half way through writing a pdf tutorial on this subject because I believe that some guidance would be useful to so many people. It will be added to my web site when completed.

Ron

Colin and Ronnie,

Colin,

My errrooor,Ooops (damn these Specs) at least we have drawn Ronnies' attention to that problem.

Ronnie,

Thats an excellent idea, so much has been Posted about that problem I'm surprised nobody has

thought about making a simple 'Tutorial' about it before now. Very good idea indeed.

Best to all,

Brian.