WnSoft Forums

video builder freeze

fishmaster2

when i set up a slideshow I can create the pc exe. file no problem --hd video no problem --avi video no problem ---when i click on video builder the window opens but freezes the computer right away.I have to use task manager to get out of it --sometimes that won't even work and i have to warm boot it

I have a

Pentium4

1 gb ram

128mb video card

350 watts power supply

40gb free space on hard drive

Windows xp home --sp3

any help would be appreciated

frustrated in western canada

Hello Tom

Thanks for the responce, I'm on my second video card --1st one i bought was a ATI Radeon X1650 pro with 512 mb ---gddr2---128 bit, so thought maybe it was to much card for my system so went and got a E-Geforce FX5200 with 128mb ddr--agp 8x/4x

Still no difference except i'm 100 bucks poorer

I've got directx9 --will check and see if there is a newer version

Simon

Tom

I figured it out ,I had a few different .exe files and some .pte files all saved in the same folder from playing around with the program and when i clicked on one of the .pte files to create a dvd I guess it was somehow using all its memory to read all of the shows at once ---------- don,t know how or why but i remembered having the same kind of issue with my other slideshow program Xatshow.

So I,ve had to trick my computer ----I put the .pte file I want to create a dvd with in it's own seperate folder and voila everything works .

Thanks for your interest hopefully it keeps on working

Simon