WnSoft Forums

Customize Synchronisation

Michel

The customize synchronisation for this show London Doors was very diificult.

For the Thames river, it was to be wery well adjusted but I had a problem:

in the preview mode (window time line and fullscreen), the timing is OK.

But with the .exe file, I have a variation of 0.2 s approximately per picture:

the fade effect (here :circle from center) is late on the music

I have to correct with a stop watch.

I checked this on several shows.

Why in our opinion ?

Michel,

What PTE version? What is your operating system? What kind of music (mp3, wav)? If mp3, what sample rate? (22,050 Hz, 44,100 Hz)? Was it constant bit rate or variable bit rate? If CBR, what bit rate? If you used MP3, try synching the show to a ".wav" version. MP3 can be quite variable.

I found all these things affected the way the synchronization worked on my system. However, the latest 4.1 is pretty consistent.

The other thing that affects synchronization ability is the size of the images and how close they are together. For instance, I can't put 1024x768 photos, using a "quick dissolve", any closer than about 0.5 sec apart on the sync timeline.

Just some thoughts to help you trouble-shoot the problem. :)

PTE 4.11...PIV 2,4 GHZ.....512mo...no problem here....

The music is .OGG format with VBR quality .030.

Perhaps VBR ?

The 0,2s -0.3s is in the same direction everywhere ...between the preview and the .exe.

But after the manual adjustement by stop watch, the .exe is OK.

But the time line is with 0.2s...in this case.

Michel,

Maybe you are having the same problem with OGG that Harold and I were having with MP3. We could see it on the timeline - when we ran the show through it was fine, but if we clicked back on the timeline, or paused the show and then clicked back, the sync would be off (as much as 1.5 sec, for some MP3 sampling rates). So we couldn't depend on the sync results if they were modified while the timeline was moving.

Try using different OGG quality settings and CBR. Or, try saving as MP3 or .wav to see if the problem is still there.

Edit:

Michel, I just watched your show, and quelle belles images!!! The photography is excellent, and the images are so sharp!

I suspect part of the problem is the high quality and size of the images combined with the speed and frequency of the dissolves. You are changing much too fast! That could be the problem in trying to get it sync'ed. My head was spinning in some of the sequences - I wanted to stop the show and just enjoy the beautiful photographs!! B)

Al,

I have just carried out very precise tests with OGG CBR, OGG VBR, MP3 CBR....

Has my great surprise, I discovered that there was not this problem with the file MP3.

I don't want to think some from final conclusion, but I wonder why.

The format .OGG, integration in PTE ?

Hi, Michel,

I suspect there may be a problem with OGG implementation in PTE. Igor should look into this problem when he returns from vacation. He may have checked only a few OGG scenarios when he built the capability into the PTE player.

I don't use OGG (the new Adobe "Audition" doesn't convert to OGG :angry: ), so I can't help you much in trouble-shooting the problem. But I suspect that OGG may have variable length problems for different compression factors, just like MP3 does.

Michel,

I just wanted to add that there WAS a similar problem with MP3's on the 4.10 betas, and it turned out not to be a problem with 4.10 but with earlier versions of PTE.

Maybe the fix Igor included affected your presentation in some way. Let Igor see it when he gets back!

Harold