WnSoft Forums

Displaying image filenames

Can anyone tell me if there is a quick way to have the image filename visible in the slideshow with the corresponding image?

Thanks - a bit new to all this!!

Go to Project Options>Comments tab. Under that tab, near the bottom, find a blue "insert template" command and click on it. A menu pops up; select either "Picture Name" or "Picture Name (with Extension)" If your slides are already in your slide list, then click the button that says "set for existing slides."

There are other choices in that menu; I often use "Slide Number" when I'm working on a show, so that I can preview the show fullscreen and see what slide is displaying. This makes it easy for me to note "problem" slides or transitions for further work.

To remove any comment field once you're finished (assuming you don't want these comments to appear in the final show), go to the field beneath the "insert template" line, highlgiht everything in that box, and press the Delete key on your keyboard. Then click on "set for existing slides" which removes the comments from all slides you your show.

There are also commands under this tab that let you position the comment on the screen, choose a font, a colour, and a size for the comment display. The user guide explains these features if you can't figure them out by yourself.

If you want the file name only to appear with specific slides, you can do this using the Comment control near the top of the screen in PTE 5.6. To the immediate right of that field, click on the little "page" icon and up pops a Text for Current Slide box. Click on the blue line "insert text template" and you get the same menu that you get in Project Options. (Project Options affects the entire show; if you want to set options only for certain slides, you have to use the Comments or Customize Slide buttons)

Good luck