WnSoft Forums

NEWS - PTE on MACs

Conflow

NEWS - PTE on MACS

One of our people has just returned from a 'Software Reconnoitre' in New York because we are interested

in the new range of Apple Mac PCs'. He found a New Product that is literally jumping off the Shop Shelves.

Product Name:- "PARALLELS" which has been developed by Parallel Inc. and Apple Mac.

What it does:- It exploite the 'Multitasking' capabilities of ANY Mac using the Intel Chipsets.

You can now run ANY modern Windows Operating System on the MAC in parallel with its own System.

How it does it:- You install "Parallels" and then insert your Windows System Disc, whereafter it makes

a Virtual Windows PC on the MAC. You can run any Win Exe's with the MAC or swap-over Folders betweeen each.

Program Trials:- You can download a "Free Trial" or purchase the Program from $50~$80.

Photo-Shot Below.

Link here.

http://www.parallels.com/en/products/workstation/mac/

Brian.Conflow.

post-1416-1174070209_thumb.jpg

Hi Brian,

That certainly solves the problem of running the program and developing slideshows using PTE on the Mac. Of course anyone wanting to actually "play" the slideshows on a Mac would need to also have it or convert to DVD or Flash.

Another situation I encountered a while ago was how to create really good Flash implementation so that anyone using a Mac could see the show on their own operating system without going through the web and the resulting losses of bitrate and quality.

I discovered that one of the Flash programs I use to convert my AVI's from PTE to Flash (Flix Pro - by On2 Technologies) has a feature which not only lets the user wrap a Flash 8 player up along with an executable file which automatically calls and runs the Flash show even if there is no Flash 8 installed on the machine, it also can create a Mac and Linux projector to wrap the show and use it directly with those operating systems. It's not an "inexpensive" solution, but it does solve the problem of how to get a quality show in Flash to other operating systems without relying on them already having an installed Flash 8 player. This works equally well for SWF or FLV Flash implementation.

Best regards,

Lin

NEWS - PTE on MACS

One of our people has just returned from a 'Software Reconnoitre' in New York because we are interested

in the new range of Apple Mac PCs'. He found a New Product that is literally jumping off the Shop Shelves.

Product Name:- "PARALLELS" which has been developed by Parallel Inc. and Apple Mac.

What it does:- It exploite the 'Multitasking' capabilities of ANY Mac using the Intel Chipsets.

You can now run ANY modern Windows Operating System on the MAC in parallel with its own System.

How it does it:- You install "Parallels" and then insert your Windows System Disc, whereafter it makes

a Virtual Windows PC on the MAC. You can run any Win Exe's with the MAC or swap-over Folders betweeen each.

Program Trials:- You can download a "Free Trial" or purchase the Program from $50~$80.

Photo-Shot Below.

Link here.

http://www.parallels.com/en/products/workstation/mac/

Brian.Conflow.

Lin and Tom and a request to Ken Cox,

Many thanks Lin for your comments and Tom I can't answer your query about DirX-9 and 10 all I do know

is:- I was absolutely stunned when I saw XP-Sp2 and XP-Pro+ running as if they were on a Windows PC as

these examples were brought back to me from New York by my son Brian (Jnr) who runs Micronetworks here

in Dublin. So my guess is that it must handle DirX-9 and 10

Notes:-

1)

Parallel is NOT a re-hash of the old 'Virtual PC Program' ~ its a co-operation between Intel Corp. and Apple MAC and Parallel.Inc ~ designed especially to make the MAC's cross-platform compatible with Windows, Linux, and other programs such as Auto-Cad etc,etc.

2)

Parallel is ONLY suitable for those MAC Computers running on the 'Intel Chipsets' thats about 80% of all their PC's.

MAC Users should download the "Free Trial Program" and study the abundance of Technical Support available on the www.parallel.com Webpage. (See my previous Post for Links)

Ken, if you would bookmark this in your extensive Library I'm sure it would be of great benefit to those

who may wish to run PTE on a Mac System ~ thanks in anticipation.

Brian.Conflow.

I still think Bootcamp/XP might be the way to for graphic intensive apps such as PTE 5. I'm just waiting to see if any new hardware is announced when 10.5 is available in June.

Tom

Tom,

I don't know if you have access to a MAC ~ so I really can't comment nor surmise one way or another re: Bootcamp/XP and & Pte. What I saw on Brian (Jnr) Mac Laptop really amazed me ~ I simply can't get over the power of the new 'Parallel Program'.

Having said that, the Portable is top of the Mac Range and it is 'seamlessy' Multi-Tasking both Mac & Windows. The ability to 'drag' a Program from the Windows Virtual Machine into the Mac System and visa-versa is truly amazing.

Its a matter of try-it and see and that should present no problems to 'Mac Users' seeing as a Free-Trial Program is available from www.parallel.com.

Brian.Conflow.