WnSoft Forums

Help finding PTE show

JagJag

Hi All

I downloaded a sequence some time ago but it seems to have vanished off my system and I cannot remember the name to try and hunt it down.

The show I am trying to trace was taken in a war graves cemetery (WW2) in Europe, a very powerful sequence. It was about the American (or Canadian) dead. There was a music sound track and the story was told by text. From memory parts of the show were raised off the background by using a shadow effect around the image which was sitting on top of a slightly larger background. The end was a few shots inside the cemetery building showing a chandelier light made from metal which the story line gave details of. Again, if my grey cells are working, the author was Dutch, or something close to.

I'm involved in AV locally and want to show this, along with other sequences, to try and encourage others to take up AV.

In advance, thanks for your help.

John

Yachtsman

Thanks, but the problem is I can't remember any part of the name as I first downloaded it around 2005/6. I assume I got this off Beechbrook and I have gone through all their current listings, where the name doesn't indicate they are definitely something else, but without any luck. I'm not sure if sequences are removed from Beeckrook after a time to make way for new material but I assume this is happening as the search always seems to top out at 16 pages. I always try and solve my problems by REALLY searching the web so my posting here is a final cry for help.

It could be the same problem I am having getting "Oradour" where the link from Beechbrook is not responding.

Thanks to Lennart who e-mailed me about probable sequences but none of these was the one I am looking for.

John

Guest Yachtsman1

Yachtsman

Thanks, but the problem is I can't remember any part of the name as I first downloaded it around 2005/6. I assume I got this off Beechbrook and I have gone through all their current listings, where the name doesn't indicate they are definitely something else, but without any luck. I'm not sure if sequences are removed from Beeckrook after a time to make way for new material but I assume this is happening as the search always seems to top out at 16 pages. I always try and solve my problems by REALLY searching the web so my posting here is a final cry for help.

It could be the same problem I am having getting "Oradour" where the link from Beechbrook is not responding.

Thanks to Lennart who e-mailed me about probable sequences but none of these was the one I am looking for.

John

Hi John

I think I was wrong about Mediafire I can't find a search facility on there. I know one of our moderators has a show of the type you are looking for and I know he will read this post. I saw it in 2007 at our camera club, maybe he will advise if it is the one you are looking for?

Yachtsman1

the show

Oradour - a personal response

File Size: 33M

By: mailto:kleinhans@blueyonder.co.uk

Download Count: 878

was posted according to my database -- approx oct 2005 at beechbrook

but there seems to be a problem as i have found another oradour that was posted elswhere and it is in French -- from what can see it is about ww2 atrocities

Nov 21 2004, 09:35 PM

<A href="http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index.php?act=Profile&CODE=03&MID=401">GUIDICELLI MauricePosted: Nov 21 2004, 09:35 PM

Group: Members

Member No.: 401

Scuses my bad english!

Since september 2004, you can download more of 10 sequence made with P2E on my web site:

here

http://diaporama.numerique.free.fr/

am surprised it is still posted at the site because Bill usually takes regular shows down after 30 to 60 days

ken

I dropped a note to Bill and he sent me this

Original Message -----

To: <Cottage@Beechbrook.com

Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 3:14 AM

Subject: New PTE Presentation Uploaded

Files Uploaded:

PTE File: Sixty-Five acres of crosses.zip

PTE Title: Sixty-Five Acres of Crosses

Image File: Margraten.jpg

Comments:

'Sixty-Five Acres of Crosses' is a presentation about the only US world

war II Military Cemetery in the Netherlands.

Senders Information:

Name: Arend Veltkamp

Email: arend.veltkamp@gmail.com

so got all the albums out again searched for it located it

and

uploaded same to mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/?zedizdgu1yr

btw Bill says his server is down this morning so nobody can get anything

ken

Ken

You are a GENIUS. "Sixty-Five Acres of Crosses" was exactly what I was looking for. As soon as I saw the name I knew you had come up trumps. It has been safely downloaded and viewed. My grey cells are obviously still working as my description and nationality of the author appear to have been spot on. (I must remember to tell the doctor she can now take me off the tablets)

With regard to - "remember "JESUS SAVES" AND not on your hard drive" you are priceless (and as mad as a hatter) and I mean that as a compliment. It's 7.12 a.m. with me and I still haven't gone to bed and, from what I see of the amount of help you give on the Forum, you must be the same, only your computer must make meals and coffee as well as it appears you never leave it.

Your reward on this earth! If you are ever coming to Ireland contact me and I will see to it that you are shown all the right places, you might even get a bed.

Thanks again to you and all who helped with searching for this. I assume I can contact Bill through the Beechbrook site to give him my thanks for the time he must have taken to retrieve this. Hopefully others are now able to see this sequence of which the music, images, inscriptions and the authors written words just stop you in your tracks for 5 minutes and give some sense of the loss.

John

Ken

You are a GENIUS. "Sixty-Five Acres of Crosses" was exactly what I was looking for. As soon as I saw the name I knew you had come up trumps. It has been safely downloaded and viewed. My grey cells are obviously still working as my description and nationality of the author appear to have been spot on. (I must remember to tell the doctor she can now take me off the tablets)

With regard to - "remember "JESUS SAVES" AND not on your hard drive" you are priceless (and as mad as a hatter) and I mean that as a compliment. It's 7.12 a.m. with me and I still haven't gone to bed and, from what I see of the amount of help you give on the Forum, you must be the same, only your computer must make meals and coffee as well as it appears you never leave it.

Your reward on this earth! If you are ever coming to Ireland contact me and I will see to it that you are shown all the right places, you might even get a bed.

Thanks again to you and all who helped with searching for this. I assume I can contact Bill through the Beechbrook site to give him my thanks for the time he must have taken to retrieve this. Hopefully others are now able to see this sequence of which the music, images, inscriptions and the authors written words just stop you in your tracks for 5 minutes and give some sense of the loss.

John

John,

Bill supplied the info from the original poster then i just went to my albums and dug it out -- when i had the date it made things a lot easier

the other 3 shows are pretty "heavy" as well and all 4 are a reminder of a sad time in our lives. I was telling my grandson about a guy i worked with who had been a tank driver -- he would literally shake when he talked about WW2

glad we were able to fix you up

re: You are a GENIUS. -- there are a few who would disagreerolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

ken

Ken

I now have an idea as to why this sequence was deleted off my computer. Whilst the .zip file and Title are named "Sixty-Five Acres of Crosses" the file actually unzips as margraten.exe which months later, when I was housekeeping my files, meant nothing to me so got shredded.

I have downloaded and viewed the other sequence you were kind enough to supply and others that some other replies directed me to. Yes, not what you want to see every day but it is good that people can see what the past was, the pity is so few have learned the lesson.

Of the 2 Margraten sequences I prefer "Sixty-Five Acres of Crosses". The images are so expressive and the music cuts you.

Thanks again

John

John

( What appears to have happened is that whilst the .zip file and Title are named "Sixty-Five Acres of Crosses" the file actually unzips as margraten.exe which months later, when I was housekeeping my files, meant nothing to me so got shredded. )

this statement SHOWS HOW IMPORTANT it is to keep file names or any naming protocol consistent - people cannot seem to get this simple thing -- they figger everybody in the world can figure out their simple code

-- years ago when hawk and i downloaded everything from Bill's server checking for the false virus,this sort of sloppieness caused me real problems trying to catalogue things

-- but then we were kind of green then blink.gifthks ken