WnSoft Forums

EXIF & IPTC Information

picman

Was wondering if anyone has a batch program to create, extract or change the embedded information in digital pictures. I am looking for freeware (besides IfFanview) mostly but looking for recommendations if any of you use it. Looking to provide notes about old pictures that I am scanning and will eventually give to family but want them to be able to know more about the photo.

Thanks.

Picman

welcome to the forum

some of my notes re exif

if you plan on messing with your digital picts some things to consider -- so do "save as" so you still have the original

paintshop pro 8 retains exif data when i did a save as

compupic pro you lose it

adobe photoshop you keep it

iphoto xpress you lose it

could not find the save as command with breeze browser -- but i think you lose it as i got some picts from a friend and he had resized them and we lost the data

fresh view -- you lose it

and Irfanview you keep it

why not use irfanview ??

ken

There is nothing wrong with IrFanView and I like it and use it frequently. I was just wondering if there was anything else that worked better or that someone else liked more so than IrFanView.

What I didn't know was the information as posted by Ken about losing (EXIF) with certain software. Was wondering more about the IPTC info being stored consistently through various software and how it is stored, is it like the EXIF info?

if you plan on messing with your digital picts some things to consider -- so do "save as" so you still have the original

I should have qualified the "save as" portion of the above --

when i do a save as i rename the file with a rev # or something to remind me what i did

the original file and its properties remain un touched

ken