WnSoft Forums

Return to desktop at end of show

Ronniebootwest

I don't know about you guys, but my desktop is cluttered up with many short cut icons. When I choose the option to 'Reurn to Desktop at end of show' all that clutter appears on the screen and looks rather unprofessional.

Is there a way of creating either a 'blank page' or perhaps a page with a menu of shows that will replace the 'desktop' when the show ends?

Ron West

Ron:

I use a black page to end with all the time. If I am showing just one show, then yes the black page returns to wherever I started it from, either the desktop or EXPLORE.

When I present several shows, as I frequently do, I use a one slide show with OBJECTS from which I launch the individual shows. When each show ends it comes back to the "launch" page which looks more professional. I try to customize the "launch page" in line with the group I am showing the presentations to. It impresses the hell out of many groups. (not all though ;)

Does that help, or have I missed something ?

See the second paragraph of my posting today under PicturesToExe Presentations>New Sequence and my IntroDemo on the Beechbrook Site some moons ago.

Ron [uK]

Hello JRR, thanks for your reply - it seems to be what I am looking for. I think that the second option (showing more than one slide show) might be the answer. Can you give me some more detail on how you do this please?

Ron

Ron:

I should have kept the description for those as I posted it many months ago, but of course I can't find it now ;)

BOXIG has a utility that will do this too I understand. I just find my method quick and painless, but I have done it MANY times.

Anyway, I create a PTE presentation with one image. The image usually relates somehow to the audience I am showing the AV's to (logo, image of building etc etc)

The PROJECT OPTIONS>MAIN is set to: "When show ends keep last slide on the screen" I use a 200ms fade, everything else is essentially "neutralized" except I keep the mouse cursor showing (PROJECT OPTIONS>ADVANCED) (Make sure mouse clicks on the same page are set to "None")

Then I click on OBJECT EDITOR and set up OBJECTS (as many as I need) with properties set to use either a thumbnail from each show or a button with the show title as the OBJECT. The properties ACTION are set to RUN APPLICATION or OPEN FILE and then point at the .exe file if it is a PTE show you want to launch.

Make sure you have the screen res (top left corner) set to screen res you will be showing the presentations on, not to your screen res.

Save the one slide shows as a .pte file and .exe file as usual.

When you want to present the AVs, simply double click on the .exe file as you would for any show. Just make sure you only click ONCE on the OBJECT to launch the show (otherwise, the show will run twice (on top of each other) it sounds just great !!! ;)

Hope that helps

Ron

As far as I can tell, without working it through, Jim's explanation matches the system which I use, as mentioned in my earlier posting. Good luck.

Ron [uK]

I recently wrote up some notes about keeping your background clear of icons,etc.

See notes at www.digital-av.co.uk

I use the AV show user for my shows, together with the one image menu described already which has the invisible buttons. :D

More notes to come for those guys who wanted info on invisible buttons.

I haven't forgotten just been too busy.

Hope this helps.

BW MAureen

Congratulations Maureen on your website www.digital-av.co.uk with loads of useful and interesting information and congratulations too on your DPAGB distinction. I have read your notes and will experiment with your "AV show user" setup in due course. However, for the moment with two shows on one day and providing my Royale for a neighbouring club's annual AV competition the next, I will stick to the devil I know.

Regards

Ron [uK]

Ron:

Click on the underlined "see notes at www.digital......." in Maureen's post

It will take you right to her webpage with the description