WnSoft Forums

Problem having a slideshow play another slideshow...

goddi

Greetings… I am having a problem (in 4.48) having a certain slideshow run a second slideshow (Run application after last slide…). I had this problem a long time ago but forgot what I had to do to fix it. Hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction.

I have 3 slideshows. I also created a Menu show with one image and 3 buttons, each one runs one of the 3 slideshow. After each slideshow is played, it should come back to the Menu show and then I can choose the next slideshow to play. However, after slideshow #2 plays, it just stops at the end of its run, keeping the last slide on the screen, and not coming back to the Menu show.

I then changed each slideshow so that each slideshow would play (using Run application after last slide) the next slideshow in sequence. Slideshow #1 will play Slideshow #2, but Slideshow #2, again, just stops at the last slide and does not continue onto the Slideshow #3.

Can anyone tell me what might be the problem? I did look through the Forum and a mention of lack of memory might be the cause. However, I have 2GB or RAM. It might be a corrupted image but I am not sure how to narrow it down…if that is the problem.

Would appreciate any ideas…Thanks.. Gary

P.S. Also, I am wondering what the Caption choice is in the Screen menu. I typed in some text but it does not appear in the shows. What am I missing???? I assume the text should appear on each slide during the show???

Hi Gary,

The "attachment" below should put you on your way. I use this utility for Travelog's where I want to show Restaurant 'Menus' and return to Main Show - I also use it to download Instructional Pdf's and have also used it to jump-out to live URLs ~ 'On-Line Travel Ticket Bookings' ~ and interactive Hotel Bookings from within the Main Travelog Show'...crazy,but it works !

Brian.Conflow.

(USE FULL SCREEN TO VIEW ATTACHMENT)

post-1416-1159401573_thumb.jpg

Hi Gary,

The "attachment" below should put you on your way.

Brian.Conflow.

Brian... Thanks for your attachment...but that is exactly what I am using. The 1st slideshow will run the 2nd; and the 3rd will run the 1st. The 2nd slideshow will not run the 3rd slideshow. The problem, I think, is that it seems that there is something corrupted in the second slideshow that makes it not want to "Run the application", which is the 3rd slideshow. That is just my guess but I am not sure how to troubleshoot this problem. I am going to switch the placement of the 2nd and 3rd slideshows and see what happens.

Gary :(

Gary

I have 3 slideshows. I also created a Menu show with one image and 3 buttons, each one runs one of the 3 slideshow. After each slideshow is played, it should come back to the Menu show and then I can choose the next slideshow to play. However, after slideshow #2 plays, it just stops at the end of its run, keeping the last slide on the screen, and not coming back to the Menu show.

Your Menu ( 1 image show ) ( Menu.EXE ) - must have " When show ends keep last slide of show on screen " checked.

The properties of each button has the " Run application or open file " directing it to the " show.exe "

For each of your seperate shows to run individually - you must have set to " Close show after last slide "

This will return you to the Menu Show still on screen ( still running in the background )

You can then choose another show.

Keep all .EXE's in same folder & no path is required in the " Run application or open file ", just the show name .EXE

If you wish to " Daisy Chain " your shows it is a different procedure.

Let us know.

Gary

Your Menu ( 1 image show ) ( Menu.EXE ) - must have " When show ends keep last slide of show on screen " checked.

The properties of each button has the " Run application or open file " directing it to the " show.exe "

For each of your seperate shows to run individually - you must have set to " Close show after last slide "

This will return you to the Menu Show still on screen ( still running in the background )

You can then choose another show.

If you wish to " Daisy Chain " your shows it is a different procedure.

Let us know.

Hawk...and Brian, I think I solved the problem. The images in slideshow #2, which I was having the problem with, was actually running a little too fast--too many slides for the one midi file I had. So I added a second music file to the slideshow...and...it seems to have 'killed' the bug. I must have been cramming too many files into the length of the one midi I had. Strange. But I hope this does it.

Everything was setup as you both stated so I was sure it was something a bit off the wall. Thanks for the suggestions. Gary

***OOOPPSSS, NO, IT DID NOT WORK... READ NEXT REPLY...**** GARY

Hawk...and Brian, I think I solved the problem...............

I spoke too soon. I have not solved the problem. I was working on the wrong slideshow. Got confused. I still can not get slideshow #2 to 'run another application' when it is finished. The last slide just stays on the screen.

I have noticed, thought, that after the last slide is on the screen from slideshow #2, if I click on the 'Next Slide' incon in the Navigator bar, it will then continue on with the next slideshow I put in the ' Run application...'. Why it gets stuck, is a mystery to me.

So, if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreicate them. Thanks... Gary

P.S. Now... I see also that the 'Start the Preview from current slide' does not work....!@#$%^&

Gary

I still can not get slideshow #2 to 'run another application' when it is finished. The last slide just stays on the screen.

Have you got " Close show after last slide " checked ?

If you are " Daisy Chain " ( running in sequence ) presentations then " Close show after last slide " setting is used for all shows.

Gary

Have you got " Close show after last slide " checked ?

If you are " Daisy Chain " ( running in sequence ) presentations then " Close show after last slide " setting is used for all shows.

Hawk... Yes, I have them all checked like that. I just tried another thing. I took out the midi sound files. I changed it back to play so that it is NOT sync'd to music but plays each slide for 1 second. Then it worked fine. It rolled over to the next slideshow. When I put in music (sync'd), it has a problem. I have tried other music files and get the same problem... I would re-do the entire slideshow but it is pretty complex with lots of Object Editor inputs of text and sounds that would be a bear to redo. Gary

Gary

Not sure if this will help - but if you are " Synchronizing show "

Have you got - " Permit Control of show " checked ?

Yes, I have it checked. But I, as I poke around more, I happened to click on the Info icon for the "Synchronize slideshow...". It states that you "..cannot enable Navigation Bar or use Customize Slide dialog to set individual slide time displays." I have violated both of these things. Nothing in the program prevents me or warns me of this. In fact, I always have the Nav Bar running with synch'd music in every show I have made. Never had a problem in the past. Wonder if this is still a valid warning...? Or maybe by doing this, I have corrupted the file? I seems to really have goofed up this file. I can't get it to do a Start Preview from any of the slides in the last 2/3's of the image list.

Gary

Well, I bit the bullet and just re-created the entire show from scratch. I re-made the show exactly as I originally did it with the same images and sound files. Now it works just fine. But not understanding what caused the problems is not comforting. This happened once before, I am pretty sure, and I had to recreate the entire show. I wish Igor had a magical testing program that could detect any defects like this that occur.... :D:D

Gary

Gary

In fact, I always have the Nav Bar running with synch'd music in every show I have made. Never had a problem in the past.

(?) Information message

In shows sync'd to music you cannot enable the Navigation Bar in your show or use the Customized Slide dialog to set individual slide display times
Gary not sure were your problem was, but glad to see you have it resolved. Just thought we would pass this small finding along to you.

It appears the information in the little (?) mark next to “ Synchronize slide show to music duration “ has been out dated for some time.

Actually March 5/2004 – version 4.40.

After reading the “ History File in 4.48 “ – it is stated.

PicturesToExe v4.20 (March 5, 2004)

-----------------------------------

+ Improved synchronized mode of presentation. Now you can fully control

presentation in this mode; go to any slide; use Navigation bar; Pause feature.

To activate this mode set checked "Permit the control" (Project options | Main tab).

--------------------------------------------------

So I do not think your problem was in this area, no violation on your part that I can see.

I see that in version 5, it has been removed.

Gary

It appears the information in the little (?) mark next to “ Synchronize slide show to music duration “ has been out dated for some time.

PicturesToExe v4.20 (March 5, 2004)

-----------------------------------

+ Improved synchronized mode of presentation. Now you can fully control

presentation in this mode; go to any slide; use Navigation bar; Pause feature.

To activate this mode set checked "Permit the control" (Project options | Main tab).

--------------------------------------------------

So I do not think your problem was in this area, no violation on your part that I can see.

I see that in version 5, it has been removed.

Hawk... Thanks so much for clearing that up for me. I wish I knew what caused my problem so it would not happen again. Perhaps, once the new version comes out, this type of problem will be just a memory!

Gary

Gary

Your more than welcome.

Ken Cox was also kind enought to go through older versions and send me the screen shots of message in question.

versions:

Being upgraded in 4.40 I guess the message being corrected was an oversight.

I wish I knew what caused my problem so it would not happen again.

If you still have your problem .PTE file, maybe you would like to send it to Igor I am sure when he reads it he could point out were your error was occuring.

There is one warning message in Ver 5 that is nice that I am aware of, and maybe more ?.

Example - Project Options - set Time Duration of each slide for 4 seconds. - Pick any slide in slide list - Customize it to Effect Duration 6000

Then click Preview - message will pop up advising you the error and slide number.

post-14-1159582890_thumb.jpg

Gary

Your more than welcome.

Being upgraded in 4.40 I guess the message being corrected was an oversight.

If you still have your problem .PTE file, maybe you would like to send it to Igor I am sure when he reads it he could point out were your error was occuring.

post-14-1159582890_thumb.jpg

I think I still have the faulty PTE file. I will send it to Igor. Hopefully, he will have some time to scope out the problem. Thanks... Gary