WnSoft Forums

Demonstration of Navigation Bar & Menu

Lin Evans

The question has come up and some discussion about how to not only use the Navigation Bar, but how to create or use a Menu to allow jumping to any particular slide.

I have prepared a very simply slideshow with five basic slides, four pictures and a menu. I have use the Navigation bar and made it "invisible" on startup. If you move the mouse just a tiny bit the Navigation bar will appear. You can press forward, backward, home, pause, print or exit to perform normal functions of moving about through your slideshow. I set the time to 20 seconds for each of the main image slides.

In addition, I prepared a "menu" slide consisting of four buttons.The buttons are named slide 1 through slide 4. Please note that when you create your own, when you assign a slide number for the button to represent, the "actual" number will be one less than the slide. Internally, the program sees slide one as slide zero, slide 2 as #1, etc. So to "jump" to slide 1 you assign the number zero to that button. To jump to slide 400 you would assign the number 399, etc.

The slide menu is brought up by simply clicking the left mouse button anywhere in the upper 1/3 of the image on the screen. This was accomplished by creating very large buttons and making them "invisible" by simply using zero as the opacity.

Each slide has an invisible large button which calls the slide men named, appropriately "menu". So when you click in the upper 1/3 of the image you are actually actuating a button calling "men".

When the menu appears you can click any of the four buttons to immediately "jump" to that slide.

Two links below. The first to the zipped PTE so you can see how this is done and the second to the zipped executable in case you just want to try it out without loading the PTE file.

This was not intended as an aesthetic slideshow, simply a demo of how to achieve this result so the music wasn't designed to fade out with the last slide, etc.

Lin

http://www.lin-evans.net/pte/navbar2.zip

http://www.lin-evans.net/pte/navbardemo.zip