WnSoft Forums

ShowVideoPTE.exe

SteveF

This is slightly different that the current thread about the ability to embed video clip in a PTE Show. I'm trying to use ShowVideoPTE.exe.

I'm in the process of creating my first serious show in a year and a half. With the previous version of PTE I used Granot's utility, ShowVideoPTE.exe, to imbed video clips that were synced with slides and music. (The transitions were jerky, the size was small, the image quality was less than optimal; but it worked in a fashion.) I'm trying to do the same thing with the new version of PTE and it does not seem to work. The video clip starts on cue but it doesn't come back to the slides when the video clip ends. :(

I've gotten the latest version of ShowVideoPTE from Granot's site.

As you would expect, when I run an old .exe show that I created with the previous version of PTE it works as it did when I created it. But when I open the associated PTE project in the new version of PTE and preview it it does not work like it used to. :blink:

Can someone confirm that ShowVideoPTE.exe does not work with the latest version of PTE? I've looked in the archieves and I didn't find where someone confirmed that it no longer works. And if by chance it still does work, what are the "tricks" to making it work?

TIA,

Steve Fredrick

I've figured out that ShowVideoPTE does in fact work in version 5 but not the same way it did in version 4. What's different is how and/or when it is executed. It appears to me that in version 4 when an external application was run, ShowVideoPTE in this case, it ran in parallel with PTE itself (asynchronously with each other). That allowed running a video clip on a black slide with a slide duration of the video clip. In version 5 it appears to me that they are nor running in parallel but in sequence. First the external ap and then the slide. I believe that because after a video clip runs in Version 5 PTE does not come back until that black slide has shown for it's slide duration. (In my case that's a relatively long time, like 2 minutes. That is why last night I thought it was not coming back to PTE. )

So you can successfully show slide clips in version 5 and set the slide duration for the slide that calls ShowVideoPTE to something very short like 100ms. This works for slide show that do not have sync'ed music. But it does not seem to be possible embed video clips in a sync'ed slide show with Version 5.

Or am I missing something?

Thanks for that. I either missed that check box or didn't understand what it did. But now that I read it and think about it;it does makes sense. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

I've been working on a brute force workaround. I've done the lead in and out animations and segments without video clips in version 5. I still have a copy of Version 4 on my laptop. I used that to create segments that contained both slides and video clips. And then tied them together using the Run External Ap. function. It would have been nice to have one file as keeping track of what was in what segment lead to some confusion. But I will try your this.

Thanks!