WnSoft Forums

Is PTE Mac-OS-X-compatible?

wcamp@mac.com

Hello:

I was very impressed with the "animated snow globe" (a Photoshop action by Panos E.) that Lin Evans and Panos E. created. Before I purchase this product, I need to verify that I can open it and use it on my machine.

Because the falling snow animation requires the download of a PicturesToEXE file, I suspect that the .exe software is not compatible with Mac OS 10.4.11 (Mac-only, not a dual-platform machine).

To those Mac OS-X users who have downloaded the PicturesToEXE file and gotten it to work well, please confirm that this product can, in fact, work on both platforms so the animation will surely work as intended. I'm hoping very much that developers of this software haven't excluded the half of the Photoshop client base that use Macs.

Thanks very much,

wcamp

Could any of you Mac users help with this question. We know that PTE is not yet MacIntosh compatible, but could those who are successfully running PTE in a compatible mode explain what they are using and how well it's working?

Thanks,

Lin

Thanks, Lin and Tom:

Unfortunately, Tom, as I mentioned in my original post, I'm not running a dual-platform machine. I'm only running OS 10.4.11. I was hoping there might be a workaround that would permit a Mac to get the snow animation to work that I saw on a snowglobe Photoshop action by Panos E.

I presume from the lack of responses from Mac-only users that adding snow animation to a PS action isn't in the cards as far as PTE is concerned.

If someone can show otherwise, I'll be most grateful.

Thanks.

```````````````````

I am presently using bootcamp my mac mini with leopard(10.5)/vista. The PTE playback performance in bootcamp (select OS to boot) Vista is adequate. With vmware ver. 1 the graphics emulation was too slow and not useable. The mac mini uses an older gma950 graphics processor unit (gpu).

There is a 30 day trial version of vmware.

https://www.vmware.com/tryvmware/?eval=fusion

I would recommend vmware if your Mac hardware is relatively new (less than 1 year old). For best performance use bootcamp. I am satisfied with my mac mini peformance until I get my new amd/ati gpu motherboard next month.

Tom

Hi,

It's not possible to animate snow with PhotoShop - the Panos FX action creates the snow globe and allows the user to place their own picture inside a frame in the globe. That's the extent of PhotoShop's involvement.

The actual animation is done via my template using PicturesToExe so to animate the SnowGlobe with the falling snow you need to be able to run PTE. Since PTE won't run on a Mac in Native mode to use PTE with a Mac you must run Windows on the Mac.

There are perhaps other ways to animate snow such as Java but I don't have any references to point you to.

here are a couple links you may want to investigate:

http://www.usflashmap.com/component/falling_snow_flash.htm

Best regards,

Lin