WnSoft Forums

Option to cancel with warning

Let me say again, I am so happy to have changed to PTE! Great software.

On Preview, there is a warning: "Duration of transition effect(s) is longer than time of slide(s)... <OK>"

The only option is OK. What about CANCEL as an option, if you want to fix the problem before running the Preview? (I know it takes only a couple of seconds longer to press OK and ESC.)

Jeff

I think that this is a good suggestion. An alternative would be that PTE would prevent the user from setting the parameters (effect duration, slide time) in the wrong way.

Regards,

Xaver

There may be instances when you would want to override the warning so 'prevention' is probably not a good alternative.

Jeff

There may be instances when you would want to override the warning so 'prevention' is probably not a good alternative.

Maybe that you are right. On the other hand, having transition durations that exceed the slide times leads to a problem on principle. Consider three slides, slide1, slide2, slide3. Assume that the transition duration of slide2 exceeds its slide time. When slide2 is about to finish, you will see a mixture of images from slide1 and from slide2. If now want to have a smooth transition to slide3, it would be necessary to have mixtures of images from all three slides. The problem now is, that PTE does not provide access to the images of slide1 during the lifetime of slide3. So, the transition of slide3 typically will be show jerks or flickers.

Here we have a situation, where the programming model of m.objects and Wings (using arbitrarily many parallel tracks) shows an advantage.

Regards,

Xaver