WnSoft Forums

Menu with PicturesToExe

moritz

Hello:

I want to make a presentation with six pte.exe files from a main menu (other pte.exe).

Should I make the menu with the exe version 4.8 of PicturestoExe?

Is there a post in the forum, talking about this?

Excuse my english (I hope you understand me)

moritz.

Hi Moritz.

You "can" do it with 4.x but it's not necessary. You can make your menu with 5.6 just as easily and with many more features.

If you can explain exactly what you want this menu to do, I will try to explain how to proceed.

Best regards,

Lin

Hello Lin, Thanks for your help.

Well, I will try to explain it, but English is a bit complicated for me.

I have a pte-menu.exe introduction, with the corresponding slides. The last slide of this introduction, have six buttons, which link to the corresponding six pte.exe. (for example: pte-1.exe, pte2.exe ... pte6.exe. )

Then ,each pte(1,2,3,4,5,6).exe have another button that will come back to the main menu (pte-menu.exe)

Do you understand me?

If I made the seven pte.exe ( menu and the other six exes) in Pte 5.6 version. It will run well in one basic computer?

Is it necessary to disable the hardware acceleration option in the pte-menu.exe?

Thanks

moritz.

Hi Moriz,

That should work fine. You don't need to disable hardware acceleration, but it helps if you disable it on the menu exe only. It is best not to have animation on the menu. You don't really need to have a button on the individual PTE shows to return to the menu. You can set Project Option, More Tab, Run Application/Slideshow on Exit to run your menu. Set this on each slideshow then when they exit, they will automatically run the menu again or whatever show you ask.

Though you can do the above, normally, when a show is called from a PTE menu, the control will automatically return to the calling exe, which in this case is the Menu.exe program so you "shouldn't" need to do anything to get the menu back.

I would test this with a single show before making the entire menu.

By the way, your written English is excellent, no problem understanding.

Best regards,

Lin