WnSoft Forums

First Slide Transition

Fried

Hello Everyone

My annual revisit to P2E!

I'm having trouble getting my first slide to open with a transition. The first slide is a black blank slide. The effect I'd like is, suppose my EXE is on my desktop, when I launch it, I want the first slide to transition in such a way that it appears like a black screen is descending from the top the bottom over my desktop (kind of like a black curtain descending over my desktop.)

Also, I'm having something happen I thought didn't happen before but maybe I never really noticed it. Suppose I have P2E open working on a P2E project. I have the "image" folder open for the project and I've dropped a few of the images into the presentation timeline. Suppose now I go into PhotoShop or some other app and edit one of those images I've used. I've noticed the image folder window in P2E updates to reflect the changed files but the preview or "preview from slide" features still use the older (cached?) version of the image. The only way I've found to get P2E to actually use the updated image is to close and reopen the project. Is this correct?

I'm really looking forward to using the multi-platform capabilities in the latest version. It has been my #1 request: a Mac version! Yea!!

I'd love to find the time to use the pan and zoom feature but I'm --- as usual --- under the gun for time. Alas!

Many thanks to all!

If the original opening transition was one which opened from desktop that's the reason.

If you still have the EXE that will still do it.

If you open up in the version of PTE which youy used to create it - that will also do it for you.

(Typing together again).

DaveG