WnSoft Forums

Can't see subfolders

ckfox

I just downloaded the latest version.

I tried to open a subfolder on a firewire drive and I couldn't see it. It was visible in Explorer and ACDSEE.

I copied the subfolder to another standard drive and I could see it and access it.

I am able to access this firewire drive in all other situations with all other programs.

What's going wrong?

Thanks,

Ken

Sounds like software somewhere is not working. You should see firewire, USB, Memory Stick and other "drives" attached to the local machine as you expect.

Is the drive letter missing from the A:, C:, D:, etc drive graphics in the PTE file listing window (on left)?

Have you tried folder up/down navigation buttons to right of drive letter graphics in PTE, or double-clicking on ("..", back-one level folder) and folders up and down until you saw a familiar set of folders in PTE file listing window? Can you see the root level of the firewire drive at all?

Does this drive appear as a network drive by any chance? It shouldn't, but may. If so you have to use "Map network drive" feature in Windows Explorer to assign a drive letter to the firewire drive before running PTE.

Please let everyone know what you find.

ckfox,

Any Network or Remote Drives most likely wont be visible until you MAP THE DRIVE to your PC that PTE is installed/resident on. Once MAPPED ... the new label you created will be visible and accessable in PTE.

Or is it that you cant just see any files or folders but still see your firewire drive label in PTE ?