WnSoft Forums

CDstartup

lenny

Hi everyone

First I'd like to thank everyone for their help.

I downloaded Granot's CDstartup, great program, I don't know if anyone noticed that the word technical is spelled wrong on the main screen, just some feedback. I created the program and everything worked fine except when I used the right arrow to go from screen to screen the CDstartup text on Content, Install/Uninstall, What is this, etc. is in the program I burned to a CD. Is this supposed to be there?

Also can I get a little more input as to what goes into card.exe, a jpg or text, or is there a seperate utility to create a card.

Thanks Lenny

Hi Lenny,

I'm glad you like this utility. The business card is a simple exe which you make with PTE. Just make a one (or two) small slides like a card, with active links to your email and web site.

when I used the right arrow to go from screen to screen the CDstartup text on Content, Install/Uninstall, What is this, etc. is in the program I burned to a CD. Is this supposed to be there?

I didn't understand the above (sorry), can you please explain ?

Thanks for let me know about the spelling mistake, I'll fix it when I'll make new version a bit more simple to edit and small change in buttons graphics.

Granot

Hi Granot,

Thanks for the new version of CDstartup, great new graphics, and it is easier to configure. Thanks also for the card.exe explanation, I understand what to do now.

When I configure the various *.txt files everyhting looks great, when I run the program from the folder if I open the menu box and click on the options, introduction, install, tech info, web site, other works, contact everything works great. Here's my question, if instead of opening the menu if I click on the right arrow at the bottom left corner it displays introduction, tech info, install, web site, other works, contact, the next right click displays the CD introduction, which shows how to set up the CDstartup program(this seems to the same as the CDstartupReadme.txt). I deleted the CDstartupReadme.txt file but it still shows up when I right click the arrow as I described above. Should this CD introduction be displayed?

Thanks

Lenny

Lenny,

I see you got it right (it took me a long time to recall what I did when I sat on v.2.). The Readme instructions are there for few reasons. First, you can never delete them by mistake (as you delete it) and then forget how to configure, and second, since it is a free utility, other people can take it from your CD and use it for their CD.

Thanks and enjoy it

Granot