WnSoft Forums

Help!!!!!

foto1

I was working along, I copied a slide and when I pasted it I got an error message and the program locked.

The message said access denied and a few other words. The only thing I could do was use the task manager to close the program.

I had been saving my work after the creation of every new slide.

When I went to open the file after reloading the program the file was gone!

I did a search for the everywhere for the file. It has been searching for 15 minutes. Nothing found yet.

any Ideas?

thanks,

Dan. foto1

I was working along, I copied a slide and when I pasted it I got an error message and the program locked....

any Ideas?

thanks,

Dan. foto1

===========================

I am not sure if this will help resolve what had happened. But, I have an antivirus program (SystemSuite) that, if a certain setting is checked, will lock the PTE exe file when I do a Create Exe. I used the 'Unlocker' program to figure out what was actually locking the PTE file:

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

If you are running into a similar type of problem, use this program to check it out. It took me a while to figure out how to use it. After you install the program and you have a problem of a file locking, go into MyComputer and right-click on the file that you are having problems with and you will see 'Unlocker' listed in the window. Click on it and it will tell you which program is locking that file. But...you said you have not found it yet.... Just a shot in the dark...

Gary

===========================

I am not sure if this will help resolve what had happened. But, I have an antivirus program (SystemSuite) that, if a certain setting is checked, will lock the PTE exe file when I do a Create Exe. I used the 'Unlocker' program to figure out what was actually locking the PTE file:

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

If you are running into a similar type of problem, use this program to check it out. It took me a while to figure out how to use it. After you install the program and you have a problem of a file locking, go into MyComputer and right-click on the file that you are having problems with and you will see 'Unlocker' listed in the window. Click on it and it will tell you which program is locking that file. But...you said you have not found it yet.... Just a shot in the dark...

Gary

The File is gone. Advanced Search did not find it.

I was not doing create. I copied a slide and attempted to paste it.

I need help to find the file.

thanks

The File is gone. Advanced Search did not find it.

I was not doing create. I copied a slide and attempted to paste it.

I need help to find the file.

thanks

==================

Ok...if you can't find the file, there is another way of getting it back...maybe. This program, though not free, might do it. At least you can see if it will find it, then you can purchase the program to get the file back"

http://www.runtime.org/

Be careful, because they have 2 versions, one for NTFS and one for FAT type of operating system formats. I had to use it and it worked.

At least you will be able to find it if it got deleted. Don't do any writing to your hard drive until you run the program so it does not write over that file by accident.

Gary

PS Which file is missing...the exe or the pte file???

Have you checked your re-cycle bin???

Yachtsman1

Yup, I looked everywhere.

I think something must have gotten corrupted in the program.

I downloaded 5.7 and started my project over from the begining. I have had no problems since the download.

I think the weirdest thing about it was I was saving very often. When it crashed it blew away the file as if it never existed!

Changed my SOP to saving every 5 minutes and backing up the file to external hard drive every five minutes.

That should do it.

I would like to know what happened.

Thank you all!

Gotta go, I'm 20 hours behind.

Dan, foto1

Dan,

Yup, I looked everywhere.

I think something must have gotten corrupted in the program.

I downloaded 5.7 and started my project over from the begining. I have had no problems since the download.

Was this missing .pte file made in and saved in using v5.7 betas ? If so, try and reproduce the error ... as this may be a possible beta 5.7 bug issue to report if you get same and consistent behaviour. Report beta test issues within the Pinned: PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.7 BETA topic of this section so it gets the attention it may require.

* Always state what version file(s) and version program was used when reporting any issues or bugs.

* When ever you preview a slideshow within PTE a temp copy is made in your user temp directory under the filename PreviewPteProject.pte. Usually its deleted after preview ... but it may be still exist there right after a crash.

Dan,

Was this missing .pte file made in and saved in using v5.7 betas ? If so, try and reproduce the error ... as this may be a possible beta 5.7 bug issue to report if you get same and consistent behaviour. Report beta test issues within the Pinned: PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.7 BETA topic of this section so it gets the attention it may require.

* Always state what version file(s) and version program was used when reporting any issues or bugs.

* When ever you preview a slideshow within PTE a temp copy is made in your user temp directory under the filename PreviewPteProject.pte. Usually its deleted after preview ... but it may be still exist there right after a crash.

No, it was made in 5.6.4. on Vista OS

If it happens again I will look there.