WnSoft Forums

vista & v4.47

shineman

Dear Igor,

I got a new Vista Lenovo laptop and tried to run PTE 4.47 on it after copying them over.

But then Vista tells me tat PTE.exe is not a valid 32 applicatin and doesn't run.

I downloaded new version 5.56 and tried to move the PTE key that I have, and the PTE key has ? mark on the icon...

What is a possible way for me to move my PTE key to newer version on vista?

Richard Yim of www.youshine.com

Richard,

tried to move the PTE key that I have, and the PTE key has ? mark on the icon

Try renaming the PTE.key extention to PTE.reg ... its possible that your file system is not set to reconize the .key extention. Double-click the file to enter the registration info into the registry directly.

Another option you may want to try if your comfortable using Windows Run Command :

If your PTE key registration is already entered into the registry of a current PC and you cannot find the actual/original key file ... use your Start menu's Run command and enter:

REG EXPORT HKCU\Software\PTE C:\Pte_regfind.reg

This will create Pte_regfind.reg file in the root of your C Drive.

Copy the file to the new PC ... double-click the file to enter the registration info into the new PC registry directly.

* You should be using PTE v4.49 and not v4.47 ... as it has latest fixes for Vista OS.

PicturesToExe v4.49 (December 13, 2007)
---------------------------------------
* Fixed bug when slideshow didn't exit at end of show (or by Esc button) under Windows Vista on dual-core CPUs.
We also prepared special utility which can patch slideshows created with v4.00-v4.48 to latest v4.49 engine. Download it here: http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/pte449patch.zip

Thanks nobeefstu for taking time to answer my question.

I will try your method when i go back home. I am on my vacation and one of my in-laws who uses Proshow wanted to see how I use my PTE, and I tried to run the files that I saved on my USB sticks, and encountered the error that I reported...

I bless you for doing good to others by taking time to share your knowhows...