WnSoft Forums

Changed Effects

allanw

Hi

I seem to be having problems with my prefered effects setting being changed when I start to build an ISO image prior to burning a DVD.

I am using version 5.6, (I never experienced a problem like this in 5.1 deluxe) when I play the slideshow in the small preview window, the effects are exactly as I want them, but as soon as I start a build, it reverts to fades. The default effect is 3D Swap, with the odd slide having a fade custom setting.

Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?

Any help appreciated

Allan

Allan,

I seem to be having problems with my prefered effects setting being changed when I start to build an ISO image prior to burning a DVD.

I am using version 5.6, (I never experienced a problem like this in 5.1 deluxe) when I play the slideshow in the small preview window, the effects are exactly as I want them, but as soon as I start a build, it reverts to fades.

When you say "as soon as I start a build" ... does this mean before the ISO file has been processed ? Or do you mean the view you see in the viewer during VideoBuilder processing is not correct ?

The VideoBuilder processing viewer does not display the video being produced in normal realtime speed ... especially if your using D3D Hardware Acceleration enabled for video processing.

Have you burned the ISO file to disc and does it also not play as intended ?

Note:

If VideoBuilder prompted you to Save your project .pte changes before producing a video ... make sure you do so. Otherwise, VideoBuilder will not produce the project file with the new additions or changes.

Guest Yachtsman1
There isn't a separate upgrade for PTE editor and VideoBuilder.

Regards,

Xaver

You're at it again, depends when the original purchase was made.

Yachtsman1

You're at it again, depends when the original purchase was made...

Are you sure? In my opinion, a PTE version 5.x will never use an older version of the video builder. By the way - version 5.6 is still within the 2 year period of the first deluxe version. So, all present videobuilder licenses should be valid for 5.6!

Regards,

Xaver

Guest Yachtsman1
Are you sure? In my opinion, a PTE version 5.x will never use an older version of the video builder. By the way - version 5.6 is still within the 2 year period of the first deluxe version. So, all present videobuilder licenses should be valid for 5.6!

Regards,

Xaver

You're guessing :P

Yachtsman1

Are you sure? In my opinion, a PTE version 5.x will never use an older version of the video builder.

Xaver is quite correct ... see Igor's post #12 in topic VideoBuilder Updates

I have a funny feeling this may be what Allan is doing ... mismatch of versions.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=65868

Allan,

I realise that a build will not be done in real time, but during the build, the viewer shows that the project only consists of dissolves when the majority of slides have been set to a 3D swap default.

When I burn the ISO to disk and play it on TV, again, just dissolves.

As I go through the various stages of the build process, at no time am I asked to save the project.

However, when I preview the show in the small preview window, in the main slide show creation window, it does appear as required.

Is there a separate update for the builder part of the program?

Only other explanation I can think of, is that I have had computer problems recently, (crashes, and running really slowly), now sorted, but was wondering if the program had become corrupted.

Sorry for the slow response, I am decorating outside, and tonight s the first wet night for several days.

Allan

When you say "as soon as I start a build" ... does this mean before the ISO file has been processed ? Or do you mean the view you see in the viewer during VideoBuilder processing is not correct ?

The VideoBuilder processing viewer does not display the video being produced in normal realtime speed ... especially if your using D3D Hardware Acceleration enabled for video processing.

Have you burned the ISO file to disc and does it also not play as intended ?

Note:

If VideoBuilder prompted you to Save your project .pte changes before producing a video ... make sure you do so. Otherwise, VideoBuilder will not produce the project file with the new additions or changes.

Xaver is quite correct ... see Igor's post #12 in topic VideoBuilder Updates

I have a funny feeling this may be what Allan is doing ... mismatch of versions.

I have several versions installed, 5.1, 5.5, 5.6 beta and now 5.6. The program is so small, I never bothered to uninstall earlier versions, could this be the problem?

With thanks

Allan

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=65868

Allan,

To answer a few questions:

Is there a separate update for the builder part of the program?

No seperate updates are available for an individual section of a specific version build. Each version build of PTE and VideoBuilder are what you might call unified construction ... since they work in concert and are dependent on each other. Using an older version VideoBuilder to produce a DVD with newer version PTE file may not produce the results you want due to version mismatch in features available.

Only other explanation I can think of, is that I have had computer problems recently, (crashes, and running really slowly), now sorted, but was wondering if the program had become corrupted.

Its possible the file structure and/or linking has become corrupted and not working as it should. I personally would uninstall and reinstall all PTE installations so as to remove any possible corruption that may be present.

I have several versions installed, 5.1, 5.5, 5.6 beta and now 5.6. The program is so small, I never bothered to uninstall earlier versions, could this be the problem?

Possibly. I have several versions installed and they all work correctly .... but the user needs to use disipline and be aware of what version file is being opened by a specific version program.

Uninstall any older version build you knowingly wont use anymore. Older version build programs wont reproduce new features available to newer version files. Plus ... you no longer need or want to use any beta builds when the final build has been released. Uninstall all the old betas in your case since they serve no practical service.

Final Note:

Once you have uninstalled and reinstalled the versions required ... see if your issue resolves itself. Just make sure you open a older version .pte file into a same or newer version program(s) to build and produce the effects you want. Since program(s) version 5.5 and older didnt offer 3D slide effects ... it wont build or produce them. 3D slide effects were newly added in v5.6.

FURTHER TO STU'S ENTRY

if you go to

C:\Program Files\WnSoft PicturesToExe

you will see all the versions you have installed

and for example if you go to

C:\Program Files\WnSoft PicturesToExe\5.6

and open the folder

and then the exe in that folder,

when you are ready to start the video builder , the video builder in that folder

will open

i believe that is the way Igor designed it to work

ken

• 2 weeks later...
FURTHER TO STU'S ENTRY

if you go to

C:\Program Files\WnSoft PicturesToExe

you will see all the versions you have installed

and for example if you go to

and open the folder

and then the exe in that folder,

when you are ready to start the video builder , the video builder in that folder

will open

i believe that is the way Igor designed it to work

ken

Hi

I thought I would give you an update. I thought I had cracked the problem, I uninstalled ALL versions of P2E, and reinstalled 5.6 to a different folder, just in case any corrupt files were lurking in the original folder.

For a while it seemed to work, the preview and actual builds were as required. However, when I edited some shots out, it again used dissolves rather than the 3D swap transition. It is possible that I started to create the slideshow in the 5.b beta version, but I can not really remember.

I will try another show at some later date, but if this continues, I will go back to 5.1, at least that worked as it should!

Allan

Allan,

Question:

When you double-click any of your .pte files ... what version of PTE program opens it ?

Note:

Please remember that PTE does not open the .pte version saved with it's associated PTE program version. Widows double-click uses your default file open last associated. To open a specific .pte file version in a specific PTE program version its best to open any .pte using File | Open from the PTE program menu when using many installed versions of PTE. This may be confusing to some ... but its a discipline one must use for opting to use many versions.

Allan,

Question:

When you double-click any of your .pte files ... what version of PTE program opens it ?

Note:

Please remember that PTE does not open the .pte version saved with it's associated PTE program version. Widows double-click uses your default file open last associated. To open a specific .pte file version in a specific PTE program version its best to open any .pte using File | Open from the PTE program menu when using many installed versions of PTE. This may be confusing to some ... but its a discipline one must use for opting to use many versions.

I normally Open pte files within the main PTE program window, I have never used a double click. I built an EXE file from the same project, it builds with the 3D Swap default effect, no problem. I also changed the default effect to the diagonal page turn, and it built a DVD ISO using the correct default effect.

Using 5.6, it does not seem to like using these new effects.

I only have 5.6 installed now.

Any help appreciated

Allan

Allan,

This is bewildering ... now that you only have PTE 5.6 installed. Since you have created a functional EXE with 3D swap effects and still can not reproduce the 3D swap effects in a ISO image.

A few tests builds you may want to tryout to see if the 3D swap effects are produced :

* Build just using Create MPEG2 Files in VideoBuilder and verify the file playback results.

* Build just using Burn DVD Disc in VideoBuilder and verify playback results.

* Build a HD Video for PC and Mac and verify playback results. You need a capable Player that has MPEG4/H264 decoding for proper playback of this file.