WnSoft Forums

files not being recognized by P2E.

Keith Hardin

Help!!

I cannot get files to open in P2e. They are jpeg files, but when I try to open them in p2e they are not showing up in the folder. Can anyone give me any adivise? I am a Mac user and just purchased the pc

to run p2e, so i am not to familiar with the settings. I know when i open up the folder on the desktop, it shows the file names without the extension(jpeg) Could this be my problem? If so, How do I get the pc to recognize the extension?

thanks in advance.

Keith Hardin

Hi, Keith,

Welcome to the Forum!

What operating system are you using?

There are two possibilities: either your pc is set up not to show the .jpg extensions, or they are not there at all.

In the former case, PTE will recognize them automatically once you point it to the folder where the jpegs are located. This is done by selecting the correct drive letter at the top left of the main PTE window, and double-clicking on the folder where the jpegs are located. You should then see a list of image files on the left hand side which you can then select for the show by adding them to the right-hand slide list. And they have to be jpegs, not "tiffs".

You can tell if the files have jpeg extensions by turning on the option to show them in the Windows Explorer window (not Internet Explorer - MS is so sloppy when it comes to file names!).

In Windows "9x" or "Me", you do this by selecting "Tools / Folder Options / View" and unchecking "Hide file extensions for known file types".

Then, back in "Explorer", select menu item "View / Details" (why don't MS put a little button on the main window to do all this in one swell foop???? :rolleyes: )

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to post again if you are still having trouble. :)