WnSoft Forums

Competition to IrfanView ?

boxig

No, No, No ! Just joking.

"JPG Viewer" is my latest project. Browse for folder and all jpg will slide show on your desktop. And if you wonder why I did it..... :huh:

...suppose you want to add an image, which name you forgot :( to your PTE project. You have to go to the folder, find the image (which name you forgot), then do the rest. That's a lot of work for somone lazy like me.

With "JPG Viewer" you wait for the image to appear on your screen, click on it, and the full path is in your clipboard ready to paste into your PTE project ! ;)

Download from My Webpage program No. 78.

Granot

This is a handy utility Granot - thanks!

For a test case I used the Menu demo show pictures folder from Ralph (Hawk) through Beechbrook. Ralph has some very small pictures (e.g. a button graphic) and some very large ones by comparison. This turned out to be a good test case. In JPGViewer they were displayed at the top left corner of screen. Because of the widely varying size it takes a moment to notice that the next (very small) photo is way up in the top left corner after just viewing a large photo. Can you make JPGViewer display each photo at the center of screen instead of top left corner? Thanks :)

Granot, when I click on X to close JPGViewer it takes over 12 to 20 seconds to close (Win98SE). During this time my system is nearly locked up and the mouse cursor is barely responsive.

Can you look into this and make the JPGViewer utility close immediately? Thanks!

At first I thought there might be Internet activity from JPGViewer, but it turned out that Spyware from a pop-up ad on the Mirriam-Webster dictionary web page, m-w.com, was doing that when I closed JPGViewer. So I killed the spyware.

It is still taking a long time to close JPGViewer.

Bill,

I don't know what happens on your side but "JPGViewer" close immediately on my win98 and nothing to do with internet. I even tried it while on line. Let's see how it works with other members. Maybe you had some other program working on background ?

Uploaded new version with "Center Image".

Thanks for your comment about the "center".

Granot

Wow, that was a fast change! :)

The centered image is much better. Thanks!

The 12 to 20 second delay on clicking the X to close JPGViewer is still happening, so I guess we'll have to wait for other user reports to see how common this is.

I'm wondering if this is in any way related: On your Win98 system have you updated to Microsoft's latest fixes from Windows update? I have, and since then there have been occasional lockup-like lags with Internet Explorer. They are similar to what I am experiencing when closing JPGViewer, except that IE6 lags happen for simple web access situations. I have been considering removal of recent Microsoft Windows updates, since this same problem has been experienced by others with much faster systems (it's not just a fluke).

I have iron rule: if it works fine for you - don't change it !

I already knew my friend Boxig (but I'm no longer so sure about his name... Boxig? Granot? Irfan? :rolleyes: ) was a wise man...

By the way, JpgViewer works perfectly on my good old Win 2000 SP3 (Pentium II 450 with 384 MB Ram, IE6 SP1, optical cable connection always running) and closes immediately. Thanks again for all your work, my friend!