WnSoft Forums

Copyright Again

Alan Lyons

Hi all,

every so often we discuss the use of copyright meterial, I think those who are using music without a licence should pay special to stories currently running on news sites regarding the crack down by the music industry in this area.

i.e. http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,3000...2770110,00.html.

Alan

Hi All,

:( Well it had to happen didn't it , what else were they to do lots of money invested in stars and lots of talent not being paid enough just like a few Photographers I know :lol: good item Alan maybe the wise ones like yourself could come up with a permanent post in the presentations forum on what to do and where to go....... Keep it straight and Rock on ,

Clive.

I read that RIAA set the lawsuit threshold at 1000 or more songs downloaded and that the individuals were involved with further distribution of copied material. I've heard some say they will go back to taping or otherwise recording off-air broadcasts as they used to do instead of buying. Usually the problem is stated as an excessively high CD price tag. These same people will probably spend $20 on a single dinner meal at a restaurant. It's not just the CD price tag. It's human nature. An opportunity to personally benefit from a seemingly minor offense that is without consequences is too hard to resist. For every heavily abused avenue (we) have to give people a clear expectation that there will be consequences in order to curb the abuse. I am very concerned about how many people I see running red lights and endangering me every day. Far from where I live, in California they put automatic cameras at most major traffic-lighted intersections. The violations at such intersections always result in a consequence (a violation ticket), hence it greatly reduces violations.

Affected governments, businesses and individuals must work hard to keep order in a civilized world.