WnSoft Forums

Friends of GOVI Charity Auction

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Friends of Govi is a Charity raising money for children in Gambia. This year our town Leyburn is hosting an art / photography exibition followed by an auction of the pictures displayed. The pictures are on display from today at Tennants Auction House Leyburn until the evening of the 17th September at 5pm, when they will be auctioned. Wensleydale Camera Club were asked to donate pictures which is how I became involved. So if you are in the Dales around these dates, come along see what's on offer. Better still, come to the auction & bid.

The Friends of Govi web site can be found here http://www.friendsofgovi.org.uk/news/40.html scrolling down will lead you to the auction details & pictures of some of the items on offer.

The images below were taken at yesterdays hanging session. The good looking guy with the stubble is Will Axon Tennants Celebrity auctioneer and valuer who regularly appears on UK TV in antique related reality shows such as Bargain Hunt & Floggit.

Yachtsman1

post-5560-125204838339_thumb.jpg

post-5560-125204841187_thumb.jpg

post-5560-125204845059_thumb.jpg

post-5560-125204848764_thumb.jpg

post-5560-125204853401_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Yachtsman1

Following the auction, I decided to put all the recorded media into an AV show. I swore I wouldn't put another show on here after the pasteing I got for the last one, some 160 people have viewed the post, so this is for them. However, my motto onward & upward so here goes.

The show slides are again at 1024x768 so please don't try to view it at any other resolution. The pictures were taken in real-time therefore I have had to use what I got during the auction, some I wouldn't normally use, but to maintain the continuity I have had to. The auction VO was made using my Olympus digital recorder positioned some 20 feet from the sound source, in total there was 90 minutes of sound which has been edited down to fit the pictures. For those of you wondering who Govi is, it's a UK charity supporting partially sighted children in The Gambia. The first part of the show is the preparation before the auction, & the second part the cabaret & the auction proper. The show runs for 10 minutes & is an 18.5mb download from mediafire. If after seeing the show you want to know more about Govi just google "Friends of Govi".

The link to the show is http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8ad124354296d6c7ab1eab3e9fa335cad38b45a64bc8b6f3

Yachtsman1

Following the auction, I decided to put all the recorded media into an AV show. I swore I wouldn't put another show on here after the pasteing I got for the last one, some 160 people have viewed the post, so this is for them. However, my motto onward & upward so here goes.

The show slides are again at 1024x768 so please don't try to view it at any other resolution. The pictures were taken in real-time therefore I have had to use what I got during the auction, some I wouldn't normally use, but to maintain the continuity I have had to. The auction VO was made using my Olympus digital recorder positioned some 20 feet from the sound source, in total there was 90 minutes of sound which has been edited down to fit the pictures. For those of you wondering who Govi is, it's a UK charity supporting partially sighted children in The Gambia. The first part of the show is the preparation before the auction, & the second part the cabaret & the auction proper. The show runs for 10 minutes & is an 18.5mb download from mediafire. If after seeing the show you want to know more about Govi just google "Friends of Govi".

The link to the show is http://www.mediafire...38b45a64bc8b6f3

Yachtsman1

Eric

well done

filled my screen

sound was clear

ken