WnSoft Forums

Station of Guillemins - Luik Belgium

BPvST

Your music is full of drama and tension. Your images are full of drama and tensions. In that respect they complement one another. But, in my opinion, you haven't really brought the two together to emphasize that drama and tension. The slides advance at the same rate throughout the sequence. The transitions are the same type and the same duration. Where the music is running slowly and steadily you should try and make your images flow slowly and steadily. Where there is emphasis in the music (a sudden emphasized beat, a pause, a crescendo) you should try and have your images match that moment.

The audio-visual medium is a combination of the two elements (sounds and images) such that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. But to achieve that the parts must work with one another and not against one another.

Your choice of images and music has great potential but, in my opinion, would benefit from further thought and rework. Don't be afraid to discard some of those images as part of that rework. You will, inevitably, choose what you consider to be weaker images to discard. And so each discard raises the visual quality another notch.

regards,

Peter

Benny,

There are many things I like about your AV.

The use of B/W images add to the dramatic style of the show. Also the architectural photography is very good.

Length of the AV is short but for this subject it works well.

Your choice of music is excellent.

There was no need for fancy transitional effects the transition you used was fine.

The ending is original and again suits the theme of the show.

But I do agree with Peter about the timing of the images with the music.

There was only one image I would remove, about half-way through a shoot of the roof you had used earlier but this time it is a little overexposed.

Thanks for sharing an original and entertaining AV.