WnSoft Forums

Sound problem when repeating show

Flying Scotsman

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem. I`ve made a sequence set to music and set the project to `repeat show until esc...` The first time the show plays, no problem but when the show repeats, pictures are fine but no sound at all.

I created the sound as an MP3 file in Audacity and added it via the music in Project Option and I`ve not customised any slides. I`ve synchronised the music to the slides and unchecked `Wait for a key press...` and `Permit control using keyboard`. I`ve not checked anything in `More` as it doesn`t apply to the sequence. Can anyone help?

Also, I`ve found that if I run the `review slide show from here` no matter which slide I start from, the music starts from its beginning, but if I run the show from the arrow under the working screen, the music is properly synchronised.

Now I don`t know if the two problems are related or if I have two separate instances.

Any advice would be very welcome.

FS

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply. I did `Synchronise slide to music` as you suggested and it solved the problem so somewhere along the line, I had (probably inadvertently) unchecked the box and not noticed it. Now you can see why I`m not an advanced member and also the effects of old age creeping on.

Many thanks and sorry for the stupidity.

Very best wishes.

FS

FS,

It's not stupidity at all! Do you have a "standard" set of Project Option values that you use on all (or nearly all) of your projects? If you do then, have you created a personalized Template with these values pre-defined? If not, creating such a template and making it your default template will ensure that each new project always has the same Project Options values pre-defined.

I created a FAQ entry on this subject see here. Take a look at it and see if you think this might help.

regards,

Peter