WnSoft Forums

Print Contact Sheet?

First of all, I would like to thank the developers for this marvelous program! I have used it on three rather large projects so far and as my skill improves they are getting better and better. I used the 6.x beta for this last one with no issues and enjoyed the upgrades.

One thing I need, and don't seem to find, is the ability to print out a small thumbnail sheet of the slides in order. What I am doing with the projects is creating a semi-timed slideshow that is set to accompany live symphonic music that I am conducting (just did it with The Planets last night, it was a huge hit!). I set several slides that have to be manually advanced by an operator to make sure that they are staying with the music at critical junctures.

Since I tend to move the slides around a few times to get the best order, sorting by filename isn't a good option for 150+ files. Is there any way to print out a sheet of the slideshow list in thumbnail version? If not, can I lobby for it in the new version?

Once I get the final recording I will synch it to the images so that you can see some of them. I would welcome your suggestions and comments as I am doing it again in another city in March.

Anne Harrigan

Music Director, Battle Creek Symphony

Music Director, Billings Symphony

P.S. Everyone loved the cube! (I used it for Jupiter)

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Anne

Just to expand on Toms explanation, is this the type of print you are looking for? I used elements 6 to produce this, the proceedure is Open PTE with your images in the order you want, either press F4 or go to view on the top row, scroll down to fullsreen view of slide list, press the print screen button on your PC keyboard. next I open elements, click file new, which selects a blank file, go to edit paste and the view from the pte show will appear. If you haven't got all the images use the slider to the right of the lightbox view until you see the next batch & repeat. you can vary the number/size of slides on the screen by using the slider bottom right of the lightbox view. BTW I use 5.6 version of PTE, not sure if the proceedure is the same in 6.

Yachtsman1

post-5560-125654442917_thumb.jpg

as a work around see

Author's PTE Presentation Notes Presentation Name: Pte Project Reporter

Download Count: 949

File Size: 658K

Contributor: Stu Rands

Contributor's Email: nobeefstu@netzero.net

Notes: Project Reporter v1 Easily scan, display and view major details of your PicturesToExe v5+ slideshow .pte project files in one simple step. Save the project details to a Project Report txt and html file(s).

Author's PTE Presentation Notes Presentation Name: Pte Project Reporter v2

Download Count: 718

File Size: 941K

Contributor: Stu Rands

Contributor's Email: nobeefstu@netzero.net

Notes: Pte Project Reporter v2 - Now supports v4.48-9 thru v5.6 .pte project files. New Scan File engine is much faster and reports more settings than v1. Contains Help.chm

these 2 programs are available at

http://beechbrook.com/pte/index.asp?categoryid=2&view=View

under utilities

ken

Anne,

I have used Tom' and Eric's method as explained above but with the use of a print screen tool that captures scrolling windows. Capturing 150 plus images in a single shot is simple and quick. Ive used FastStone Capture tool to perform the function.

There is also another possibility to get your thumbnail sheet in a HTM form and then print it. Pte Project Reporter v2 utility tool was made to make a report of your pte file contents and settings. Using Save Full Report will also make a HTM page of thumbnails of the slides main images. Once you have saved this full report ... just open the htm page and use the normal Windows Print function.

Pte Project Reporter v2 is available for download from Beechbrook.com

Utilities Link:

http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/index.asp?categoryid=2&view=View

** Ken, we started about the same time ... you are alot faster typer :P

Anne,

I have used Tom' and Eric's method as explained above but with the use of a print screen tool that captures scrolling windows. Capturing 150 plus images in a single shot is simple and quick. Ive used FastStone Capture tool to perform the function.

There is also another possibility to get your thumbnail sheet in a HTM form and then print it. Pte Project Reporter v2 utility tool was made to make a report of your pte file contents and settings. Using Save Full Report will also make a HTM page of thumbnails of the slides main images. Once you have saved this full report ... just open the htm page and use the normal Windows Print function.

Pte Project Reporter v2 is available for download from Beechbrook.com

Utilities Link:

http://www.beechbroo...yid=2&view=View

** Ken, we started about the same time ... you are alot faster typer tongue.gif

am still upset at the results at Martinsville so took my frustation out on keyboard :)

ken

Thank you to all of you for your speedy responses. I'm glad that I wasn't missing something. I did do print screen as a work-around. By the way, I did download Pte Project Reporter v2 just now as you suggested. I tried printing the full report and the program crashed twice in the 6.x beta version. Sounds like at this point the print screen is the best solution for now.

Anne

By Golly, Anne, you have piqued my interest! My wife sings in two choirs here, and concerts are presented five or six times a year, sometimes in the cathedral, other times in the local theater. Recently they performed Creation with combined choirs, not long after I had downloaded from Beechbrook a slideshow based on that work. It occurred to me then that a visual accompaniment to the choral work would be stunning, but there were a few problems inherent in doing this kind of thing, not the least of which was projecting a big enough image into a brightly lit area adjacent to the choir and orchestra.

I would appreciate reading about how you handled this problem, and if you manage to put up a show of part of your production I would love to see it.

Kind regards,

Colin

Anne,

Thank you to all of you for your speedy responses. I'm glad that I wasn't missing something. I did do print screen as a work-around. By the way, I did download Pte Project Reporter v2 just now as you suggested. I tried printing the full report and the program crashed twice in the 6.x beta version. Sounds like at this point the print screen is the best solution for now.

Anne

Sorry for your crash issue ... I have not fully tested Project Reporter as of yet with PTE version 6.x files. My periodic inital tests worked without issues ... however more indepth testing is required now that final version 6 is released.

Could you tell me your Windows OS and overall image size Hgt/Wdt and its average file Kb/Mb size?

Thanks.

I just installed Stu's v2 Project reporter

and

ver 6.0 pte

details

[Project Report - Start]

Report Name = 50 th fldr 6.0 final_Report

Report Date = November 03 2009

Pte File Name = 50 th fldr 6.0 final.pte @ 4191 Data Lines

------------

Production Notes :ver 6..0 pte

downloaded from beechbrook

9:10 AM 03/11/2009

Pte Project Reporter v2,

properties

January 22, 2009, 8:09:56 PM

----------

[Pte Project]

Pte Project Name = 50 th fldr 6.0 final

Pte Project Path = D:\1Pictures\1_2009 COLLECTION\50 th full size 4\50 th fldr 6.0 final.pte

File Version = PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.00

Last Modified File Date = Tue Nov 03 08:50:29 2009

Slide Count = 58

Show Duration = 7:15

PicturesToExe : 50 th fldr 6.0 final.pte

- -

Thumbview of Slides - Main Images Slide Count = 58

Display Type = Full Screen

Display Size = Virtual @ 1280x720

D3D Hardware Acceleration = Enabled

File Version = PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.00

50 th fldr 6.0 final_Report.txt